Re: Origin.exe - Bad Image

by RDGNDeadly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin.exe - Bad Image

★★ Novice

Please help,

I keep getting a pop-up with an error status 0xc000012f. I have read other articles about the same problem but I don't know anything about computers and the answers keep suggesting that I install and un-install things but it means nothing to me. I have Windows 10 and have installed the C++ which people have suggested but it's still popping up. I am trying to play Sims 4 and was only playing it yesterday with no problems. The only thing I did was buy two add ons for the game. As I have said before I only know the basics of computers (which is bad I know) so if someone could try to explain it simply to me I would be grateful. The only other option I have is to go to my local PC store but I would much rather try to do it myself.

With Christmas a week away this will be the best gift as I miss playing the Sims 4 Devil

Message 1 of 5 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Sorry to hear that it's not working. Here are some ideas.

1. Open Origin as administrator (if this doesn't work, close origin and go to step 2)
  2. Update Origin using a new installer (download it from origin.com/download)
  3. Uninstall Origin completely (go to control panel > programs > uninstall a program) and reinstall the latest version
  4. Update Windows (Just as a precaution)
  5. Download both the 32 and 64 bit versions of VC++
  6. Back up your files and reset your computer (This is a last resort. Ensure you have everything important saved online or on a usb/external hard drive beforehand. I'm not going to take responsibility for any lost files or damage.)

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (443 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Sorry to hear that it's not working. Here are some ideas.

1. Open Origin as administrator (if this doesn't work, close origin and go to step 2)
  2. Update Origin using a new installer (download it from origin.com/download)
  3. Uninstall Origin completely (go to control panel > programs > uninstall a program) and reinstall the latest version
  4. Update Windows (Just as a precaution)
  5. Download both the 32 and 64 bit versions of VC++
  6. Back up your files and reset your computer (This is a last resort. Ensure you have everything important saved online or on a usb/external hard drive beforehand. I'm not going to take responsibility for any lost files or damage.)

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (444 Views)

Community Manager

@Izzyjohn5560

As you say you are not confident with troubleshooting, I think the best thing for you is to contact one of our Advisors so that you can get one to one help and can be walked through the troubleshooting steps.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (396 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked! Thank you so much! I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but I did thanks to you! At least I know what to do if something like this happens again (hopefully not though)!Large smile

Message 4 of 5 (376 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Awesome! Glad I could help. Let us know if you ever need more help!
Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)