Re: Origin.exe - Bad Image

by TR1PL3_D1PP3R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin.exe - Bad Image

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, ive been having an issue when i tried running origin this past week having a bad image error, as it says

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your

system admin or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f"

Not sure how to fix this and i have tried uninstalling it then reinstalling but before the actual install can finish, i get that message please help as i cant play any of my games from origin. yes all the updates for windows have been updated and downloaded the VC++ and still not working. still any suggestions? i would like to get if fixed soon, as im starting to become frustrated in trying to fix this problem, please help me out.

Message 1 of 17 (14,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

I was going through the posts for this month and saw that you ran into this issue in the beginning of the month; sadly no user managed to deliver a solution here.

For future reference, you need to install all VC++ packages from the Windows website to resolve this issue--please install both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (17,320 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. Have tried reinstalling Origin numerous times with the same error result at the end. We can't be the only ones. I'm running Windows 10.

Message 2 of 17 (14,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue as this on a new Alienware laptop.  Manually installing the latest VC++ updates and uninstalling Origin Manually DO NOT work.  What is the next step for troubleshooting?  I have Origin working fine on other computers running Windows 10, just not this one.

Specs for Laptop:

Alienware 13 R2

i7 6500U 2.5ghz 

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 960M

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Message 3 of 17 (14,025 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

I was going through the posts for this month and saw that you ran into this issue in the beginning of the month; sadly no user managed to deliver a solution here.

For future reference, you need to install all VC++ packages from the Windows website to resolve this issue--please install both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

Message 4 of 17 (17,321 Views)

★★★ Novice
I solved the problem by posting in another thread with the same issue earlier this month. Installing the 32 bit one fixed it. I assumed that since Windows was x64 that there was no need for the 32 bit one. Then I remembered that origin is a 32 but program. Dumb mistake.
Message 5 of 17 (13,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi @samth3mancgp,

I remember that post (after you mentioned it), I found it here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-start-up-on-Windows-10-update-Error-0xc000012f/m-p/5067...

Thanks for being so kind to add the info in this thread as well. I hope your advise will help users who are still experiencing this issue.. :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 17 (13,969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue  .I tried to install older version of Origin from old drive causing same result ERROR spalsh screen below

Message 7 of 17 (13,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Link to Microsoft downloads to fix issue above ... try these : )-~  click

Message 8 of 17 (13,948 Views)

Message 9 of 17 (13,947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yesterday I updated Origin and when I opened it I got the mentioned error. Origin still started but the error kept popping up. I found a fix on the EA forums.

I went to this link and downloaded vcredist_x64.exe. After the installation I restarted the computer and the error was gone.

Message 10 of 17 (13,936 Views)