Re: Origin downloads keep losing progress. Same problem for past 4 YEARS. WHATA

by Waeddryn

Original Post

Origin downloads keep losing progress. Same problem for past 4 YEARS. WHATA JOKE

★★★ Novice

Every so often I forget long enough about the problems I have with origin, and decide to install it again. After install I see something in my library I want to play. I click download and watch an endless cycle of progress being lost over and over.

I have never seen a program run so bad and continue year after year, on different PC's, different ISP's and constantly have such crappy support.

I'm not looking for a solution because this has been addressed year after year and there's no real solution from EA. I'm uninstalling Origin and hoping this * you call ORIGIN goes bankrupt. So hopefully EA can sell their games on an application that WORKS.

I see all your games are 85% off. you wonder why nobody buys your *. HERE IS THE REASON WHY.

Message 1 of 4 (345 Views)

Community Manager

@OnkiBroski-BK- It seems like you are actually having issues with your system and now with Origin. Have you done any troubleshooting steps on your end to locate and fix the issue? 

Please provide us with information relating to the issue so that we can help you get sorted? 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

When are you guys going to figure out that it's not EVERYBODY else that has the issue, but instead it's the service that's got problems. Many of us are sitting here with thousands of dollars of hardware that works with ZERO issues for literally anything and everything else, every other game server or client, every other download or install. Quit trying to talk us down like we're all supposed to be stupid and instead do something about the actual ISSUES your platform obviously has.

Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Waeddryn a download losing progress points to an issue with something blocking it.

As such can you ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (270 Views)