Origin doesn't work

by paulius0937

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin doesn't work

★ Apprentice

My Origin just doesn't work. When I open it I see it down on the toolbar but Origin just isn't working there is no program on the screen. So can you help me?

Message 1 of 8 (3,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin doesn't work

EA DICE Team

Hi @paulius0937,

I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Confirm you did the following:

Spoiler

Reducing the screen resolution

Right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. 
Reduce the resolution as much as possible. 
Save the changes.  
Revert back to the usual resolution and restart the computer. 

Disconnecting from the Internet

Temporally disconnect from the Internet and see if there is a popup window or a message regarding Origin. 

Disabling software utility

If you have 2 (or more) monitors, make sure you have disabled any software utility

Using Shortcuts
Launch Origin If the solution 1 did not work, try the following workaround please: On the tool bar click on the Origin icon to bring it into focus until you get the thumbnails

original.jpg

• Press the Windows Key & Shift & Right Arrow or Left Arrow

Color mode for your monitor

Exit Origin (if you can't exit it normally, try opening Task Manager and use End Process on Origin).

Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
Click Advanced settings, and then click the Monitor tab.
Under Colors, select True Color (32 bit), and then click OK.
Launch Origin again.

If all steps have been done, please clear your Origin cache, or try a clean boot. Make sure you run Origin as Administrator by right-clicking the shortcut. A final solution would be to do manually uninstall Origin.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--Tom

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,846 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi @paulius0937,

Can you read the solutions offered in this thread: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-FIRST-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/m-p/3533167#U3533167

Let me know if that worked for you.

--Tom

Message 2 of 8 (3,675 Views)

★ Apprentice

No sorry. I have tried everything but just nothing did work. So did so well at the sims 4 and everything just stoped when I opened origin and it just didn't work. It shows me that the program is opened on the toolbar but on the screen there is nothing and I can't even enter my password. I don't know why I don't know how but I just can't play my games... THAT'S RIDICULOUS THAT I NEED TO STOP PLAYING MY GAME JUST FOR ONE THAT SMALL PROBLEM!

Message 3 of 8 (3,661 Views)

EA DICE Team

@paulius0937,

So Origin is running but it doesn't appear on your screen?

Have you tried changing your resolution: right-click an empty area on your desktop, then select select Screen resolution. From here, lower your resolution.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

--Tom

Message 4 of 8 (3,656 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried that already but still when i open origin it's running but nothing just appears on the screen. So any more suggestions?

Message 5 of 8 (3,642 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @paulius0937,

I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Confirm you did the following:

Spoiler

Reducing the screen resolution

Right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. 
Reduce the resolution as much as possible. 
Save the changes.  
Revert back to the usual resolution and restart the computer. 

Disconnecting from the Internet

Temporally disconnect from the Internet and see if there is a popup window or a message regarding Origin. 

Disabling software utility

If you have 2 (or more) monitors, make sure you have disabled any software utility

Using Shortcuts
Launch Origin If the solution 1 did not work, try the following workaround please: On the tool bar click on the Origin icon to bring it into focus until you get the thumbnails

original.jpg

• Press the Windows Key & Shift & Right Arrow or Left Arrow

Color mode for your monitor

Exit Origin (if you can't exit it normally, try opening Task Manager and use End Process on Origin).

Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
Click Advanced settings, and then click the Monitor tab.
Under Colors, select True Color (32 bit), and then click OK.
Launch Origin again.

If all steps have been done, please clear your Origin cache, or try a clean boot. Make sure you run Origin as Administrator by right-clicking the shortcut. A final solution would be to do manually uninstall Origin.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--Tom

Message 6 of 8 (3,847 Views)

★ Novice

got same issue, cleaning cashe won't help, becouse i instaled first time. This step is only good try if you already had origin before.

Message 7 of 8 (2,261 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @thetomash279 I'm going to lock this thread as it is 5 years old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,250 Views)