Re: Origin doesn't launch, at all. Please help

by roreken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin doesn't launch, at all. Please help

★★★ Novice

So I bought Battlefield 1 and installed Origin to play it.

How was it? I don't know because ORIGIN DOESN"T WORK! (I'm really frustrated now cuz I spent two whole days trying to make this goddamned thing work, so please excuse me)

Help me EA, please tell me how I can make Origin start up. I tried just about everything on the internet so the solution's gotta be a new one.

Message 1 of 17 (7,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@roreken Thank you for that! Based on your DxDiag it looks like Origin might be crashing due to issues with MSVCR120.dll.

I would recommend downloading and installing the below MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages:

After this try running Origin again (just in case, make sure to run Origin as Admin).

Let us know how you get on!
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (7,867 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@roreken Does Origin process show up in your Task Manager? Also have you made sure your firewall/antivirus is not blocking the program by adding exceptions for Origin.exe? Doing a Clean Boot may help here as well as it should rule out issues with conflicting programs.

- Kristi

Message 2 of 17 (7,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do allow your anti virus program to except Origin? I have been trying for hours to get my Origin to work but it continues to say "Error 14:-7, can't connect to internet". I AM CONNECTED TO INTERNET, THOUGH. I am so sick of this. Literally have tried everything to try and get this stupid thing to open. I have talked to two agents and they haven't figured it out.

Message 3 of 17 (7,465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all of them.

Deleted my anti-virus programs and tried it, doesn't work. Disabled the firewall and tried it, doesn't work. Did a clean boot and restarted my computer and tried it, doesn't work.

I really want to play Battlefield...

Message 4 of 17 (7,449 Views)

EA Staff

@rinaray01 Adding exceptions is different for every firewall/anti virus, which ones are you using? Also are you running Origin with Admin rights

@roreken Sorry to hear that Frown I gather Origin will not even show up in your Task Manager? Did you try running Origin as Admin as well? Just in case, could you please post your DxDiag? To post the DxDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Thank you!

- Kristi

Message 5 of 17 (7,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, Origin doesn't show up on my Task Manager and I tried running it with Admin rights as well.

Here's my Dxdiag

Message 6 of 17 (7,426 Views)

EA Staff

@roreken Thank you for that! Based on your DxDiag it looks like Origin might be crashing due to issues with MSVCR120.dll.

I would recommend downloading and installing the below MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages:

After this try running Origin again (just in case, make sure to run Origin as Admin).

- Kristi

Message 7 of 17 (7,868 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Um, when I try to install vcredist_arm.exe an error message pops up that says 'you can't run this app on this pc'

What could be the problem?

Message 8 of 17 (7,396 Views)

★★★ Novice

After googling I found that vcredist_arm.exe is for devices using ARM processors like tablets.

(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/the-program-cant-start-...)

So this isn't the problem but Origin still wouldn't start up after installing the files.

Message 9 of 17 (7,387 Views)

EA Staff

@roreken This is very strange! Could you check if your are able to run Origin if you reboot your computer in Safe Mode with networking: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Also are you able to run Origin Error Report? If you are, could you please run the report and post the ID here?

Thanks!
- Kristi

Message 10 of 17 (7,355 Views)