Re: Origin does not automatically close when I exit the game.

by Brownie-UK7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin does not automatically close when I exit the game.

★★★ Novice

The beta or Origin does not automatically close when I exit the game. I can't find the option.

Message 1 of 9 (7,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

Turning "Show Origin After gameplay" OFF is as close to closing as Origin gets now. You have to exit it manually if you want it to exit completely.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (8,721 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Turning "Show Origin After gameplay" OFF is as close to closing as Origin gets now. You have to exit it manually if you want it to exit completely.

Message 2 of 9 (8,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Are they going to make it permanently manual complete shut down? I don't like to do it manually.

Message 3 of 9 (7,579 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't know. i do know that this as well as many other suggestion have been forwarded to the design team. Beyond that, only the design team know what will and will not be added later and, when that will happen.

Message 4 of 9 (7,572 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is a problem for me too. I play origin games on the steam controller and that means origin has to be off when I start the game or it doesn't hook in. Why take away this option? I really like the new interface but don't like features being removed because they want their software permanently on.
Message 5 of 9 (7,548 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

origin used to closed down before this new update when I closed the game I was playing.  why was this changed?

Message 6 of 9 (7,501 Views)

★ Novice

What was the point of removing this feature? Now you have to close down Origin manually if you use its games with the Steam overlay. Breaks compatibility with the Steam Link and is big annoyance for Steam Controller users.

Message 7 of 9 (7,413 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Chrisfand The point was to inconvenience customers while giving maximal exposure to their * Origins-platform.
(Sorry, no ill will towards you, but ive been at it to find a way autoclose the * thing for a few hours now and its getting on my nerves).
Message 8 of 9 (2,831 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's not just a small thing, it's really aggravating and offensive that EA's attitude is basically "screw the customer, we do what we want" even if it goes against what the customer wants ON THEIR OWN PC.  Not only is it annoying, but, they break even the most basic of GUI norms by stopping the "X" button from eXitng the app.  It's ALREADY bad that they throw this annoyance in our face of opening, then LEAVING OPEN the "launcher" (which is unesc. in the first place), like some dog pooping on your floor, but then they double down by disabling the MOST COMMONLY USED METHOD to exit an app, and, give us NO CHOICE.

I'm really really sick of this, been bothered by it for years, but, I'm addicted to Apex so I have to put up w/this sh!t, sigh.

Message 9 of 9 (297 Views)