Origin crashing after update

by MOPLEPLOPNAP

Original Post

Origin crashing after update

★★★ Novice

After automatically updating to newest origin,  Origin is crashing almost immediately after signing in just befor showing my home screen etc.  I am getting this message in the debug file

[0829/214014:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)]

Whats the solution?

windows 10 creators update

Message 1 of 14 (4,317 Views)

Re: Origin crashing after update

★★★ Novice

0829/214014:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 

full error message

Message 2 of 14 (4,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Very annoying.

Message 3 of 14 (4,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

anyone have any updates to this? I still can't get the updated origin to work.

Message 4 of 14 (4,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same problem her after Origin updated today. My pc actually freezes after the client crashes.

Update:

Just rolled back to the last version of Origin Client and all is good. So the issue is with the new update.

Message 5 of 14 (4,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do i go back to an older client ?  I have already tried an uninstall and reinstall 

Message 6 of 14 (4,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

google search origin download..you will see a link from file hippo I think...that has the previous client,..just find a client from any download site other then origin own website....btw as soon as you close origin and turn off computer..the next time you open the old origin it will make you update...then you will have to uninstall and reaccomplish everything again...FIX YOUR * ORIGIN

Message 7 of 14 (4,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I have similar issue; cliente doens not crash but can't see my Games or access any web option; I get the same diagnostic

[0903/102711:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

in debug.log file.

Thanks

Message 8 of 14 (4,119 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Frown

Message 9 of 14 (4,096 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, can I check what file location you're trying to install Origin to? Are you using the default values?

i'd be interested in a dxdiag from anyone who is affected by this too: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 14 (3,955 Views)