Origin crashes and restarts my computer

by a1abamahotpocket

Original Post

Origin crashes and restarts my computer

★★★ Newbie

I have found that Orgin is crashing my computer by restarting it. I have linked it to Origin because I can play games on steam without issues and I have run 2 separate stress test on the computer (Heaven Benchmark & Heavyload) that has not brought on these crashes. However when I play Apex legends or Battlefield V my computer screen goes black and restarts. This also happens when opening just Origin app itself right after a crash and when I have hit 'repair' on the games in the Origin library it crashes my computer very quickly. I have a Geforce GTX 970 and have been running both games for months without issue. This is a recent occurrence. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled apex and Origin separately and the crash still occurs. Please help as I can't wait to get back to playing Apex haha.   

Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)

Re: Origin crashes and restarts my computer

Community Manager

From your post @a1abamahotpocket the issue sounds like it is being caused by one of the following: 

• Issues with hardware overheating 
  • Issues with graphic card driver
  • Conflicts between visual overlays (Origin In-Game and any other one)

To start with can you grab a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once with we have that then we'll take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Origin crashes and restarts my computer

Community Manager

From your post @a1abamahotpocket the issue sounds like it is being caused by one of the following: 

• Issues with hardware overheating 
  • Issues with graphic card driver
  • Conflicts between visual overlays (Origin In-Game and any other one)

To start with can you grab a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once with we have that then we'll take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)