Origin compatibility issues

by devdev1211

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin compatibility issues

★★★★★ Novice

Anytime I start Origin on my new clean install of Windows 10 I receive the message stating that I am opening in windows compatibility mode. Doesn't seem like an issue until I try to play Hardline currently 1 of 2 games on my system at the moment. When I get to the battlelog browser and click on any server then either Join server, Hacker, or even spectator I receive the error that "This game is unable to launch from this device" and a x mark next to windows vista or later. As stated above I just installed Windows 10 and this definitely is not the case. I have insured EVERY file in the origin and origin game folders have no check marks for compatibility or run as admin. I have also cleared the regedit of anything in layers. I would some expert help to figure out the situation.

Message 1 of 51 (582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin compatibility issues

★★★★★ Novice

So I don't know if you're going to hate me or find this funny, but I found the solution. DON'T TETHER FOR INTERNET CONNECTION..... It was literally that simple. I tether my phone for internet access and apparently this was the issue. I went to a friends house for help and hooked up to his internet (Directly through ethernet) and boom worked like a charm. Sooooooooo I guess this is the answer to this problem?

View in thread

Message 40 of 51 (784 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @devdev1211

Make sure you have installed Origin and then perform a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

Spoiler
you need to press the key combination: “Windows Key + R”;
In the “Run” window, type the message “msconfig” without quotes;
-you need to left click on the “OK” button;
Select “General” tab, from the toolbar and chose the feature called “ Selective startup”;
-uncheck the box found in the left of the message: “ Load startup items”;
Select “Service” tab, from the toolbar;
-check the box in the left of message: “Hide all Microsoft services”;
Left click on the “Disable all” button, found on the lower-right side of the window;
Left click on the “OK” button;
-a new message box will prompt on your display. Left click on the “Restart” button in order to restart your operating system.

NOTE save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.  

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 51 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Interesting I have actually already done this, but for some reason I went ahead and opened msconfig and all the check marks were back. I unchecked them and followed the steps but when I apply and hit ok, I go back into the msconfig and everything is rechecked. What am I doing wrong I've tried like 7 times since your post. HAHA

Message 3 of 51 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@devdev1211

After you completed A Clean Boot  you need to save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.  

You did so and you have restarted your machine?

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 51 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@devdev1211 

If you do so and your issue persist you need goC: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility' tab - make sure that 'Run this program as an admin.' is unticked.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 51 (571 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have insured all applications were closed before restart as well as the origin fill was unticked for everything in the compatibility options. As well as everything unticked for my Hardline file as well.

Message 6 of 51 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@devdev1211 and your issue persist ?Raised eyebrow

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 51 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have scoured these forums and many others to find a fix. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and it very frustrating to find this unanswered. I have uninstalled origin, hardline, chrome, firefox, IE, IE Edge, and AVAST just to see if anything would fix it and nothing has. I have right clicked literally every file in every folder to untick compatibilty for everything orgin and all my web browsers.

Message 8 of 51 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok @devdev1211

Clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your machine .

After that update the Origin to Beta version 

1. then select "Application Settings" from the menu bar on top.
2. then scroll down on the "General Tab".
3. under "Origin Beta Participation".
4. check the box for "Update to the beta version if available".
5. exit the Origin client.
6. reopen the Origin client and the latest Beta Client will be downloaded.

Retired champion.
Message 9 of 51 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alright give me a moment I will be back.

Message 10 of 51 (552 Views)