Origin client

by Flembee

Original Post

Origin client

★★ Novice

Whenever Origin client is open my screen goes black every few seconds and everything on the screen starts twitching.

Message 1 of 15 (871 Views)

Re: Origin client

Community Manager

That's an odd one @Flembee. Do you see the issue if Origin is turned off?

It could be something as simple as a loose cable or an issue with drivers for your GPU. Let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (844 Views)

★★ Novice

No it only happens when origin client is on my screen, if I minimize it to the taskbar it stops, but yesterday Origin was updating Apex Legends while minimized and my screen started going black every second and twitching, even though my browser was open and not Originn. I have the latest graphics drivers and the latest BIOS, and all the cables are fully connected. Last night I deleted Origin cache and clean booted my PC but it happened one more time, and when i updated the graphics driver it happened once again and then it didn't anymore, I'm not sure if it is fixed, sometimes it just happens less often.

Message 3 of 15 (828 Views)

Community Manager

It's an odd one @Flembee. Can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system and see if anything jumps out at me?

The more info available the better. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (808 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoSure here is the dxdiag information.

Message 5 of 15 (801 Views)

Community Manager

Your issue is an odd one and not one that I can say I have seen before, if I was a betting man I would say a cable issue but within mind I'm seeing a couple of errors there in relation to programs you have running @Flembee.

Let's try using System File Checker to look for any issues and take it from there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

From your description of the issue, it sounds like it's either a cable or GPU related so there is no harm in doing a clean install of your GPU drivers. I had an issue recently where my third screen kept flickering and for the like of me could not figure out what was wrong till I realised that the only time I had the issue was when my dog was curled up beneath my feet when I was gaming. Turned out that he was laying on the cable and as I never screwed it in properly.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 15 (790 Views)

★★ Novice

OK thanks I will try with System File Checker now. I checked the cables already, they are screwed in and plugged all the way, and they are only a few months old.

Message 7 of 15 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

I used system file checker and this is what it said. Problem hasn't happened again for now, I will let you know if it does. Thank you @EA_Darko for the help!

Message 8 of 15 (606 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoHey the problem is happening again even after running system file check, I disabled everything at startup, and disabled all services except the windows services, and again I'm getting black screens only while the Origin client is open and on my screen. As soon as I minimize it to the taskbar it stops happening and the moment I bring it back up it happens.

Message 9 of 15 (584 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Flembee after the issue appeared to be fixed how long did it last before you saw the issue again? Can you remember what you were doing before the issue started again?

Is it possible to try swapping out the cable you are using to connect our monitor to your system?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (540 Views)