Origin client in 4k

by d0x360

Original Post

Origin client in 4k

★ Apprentice
Will ea ever add 4k support for the original client? I've been waiting months. It can't be that difficult to make the ui scale.

I'm playing on a 65 inch OLED HDR 4k tv, steam isn't an issue (aside from the overlay) and neither is gog Galaxy or Uplay (again except for the overlay) but with origin I can't see anything.

I have to get up and walk to my tv to try and read the microscopic menu font. Sure it's not a deal breaker but please for the love of God fix this..

4k is obviously gaming's next "standard" resolution, both gpu companies have been pushing for a good 4k experience for nearly 2 years and we are finally there... except the clients that run our games don't scale which makes little sense at this point.

Is there at least a timeline where we can expect origin to support 4k?

Thanks for your time.
Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)

Re: Origin client in 4k

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

06-30-2017: nothing has changed.

I wonder how many years it will take if 4k has become standard like full HD. Must be at least 10 years if companies keep neglecting it. :/

Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dirtytear69

Hi,

4K gaming isn't the standard just yet, but it's certainly on our radar. We will host an Origin Spotlight should we have something to share about further 4K improvements to the Origin client.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

★★ Novice

Not the standard yet?  It's been widely available and supported on pc for a few years now, and even Microsoft and Sony now have respective consoles, READ actual manufactured hardware, specifically to allow for 4k gaming on tvs... When is it going to be mainstream enough for you guys to support it properly?  All of your competitors figured this out a long, LONG time ago...

Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)