Re: Origin client crashes - Display driver (Intel HD) stopped responding and rec

by donthewarrior

Original Post

Origin client crashes - Display driver (Intel HD) stopped responding and recover

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

After new Origin client update (sept 2016), when browsing through origin client it crashes with no visible reason, except video driver which i updated recently when installed win 10.

Error is:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver intel hd graphics driver for windows 8(R) stopped responding and has recovered.

Even if i have windows 10, it says win8.

It close origin application and restart it.

I have a asus laptop - ASUS 15.6'' N550JK-CN393D, FHD, Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz Haswell, 8GB, 1TB, GeForce GTX 850M 4GB, + 1 ssd

It uses dedicated card for applications. Why do i get that message and crashes all the time i do browse  more than 2-3 pages?

Any idea?

Message 1 of 10 (1,498 Views)

Re: Origin client crashes - Display driver (Intel HD) stopped responding and rec

★★★ Expert

We need to look at your DXDIAG report to see what might be going on. Please follow the instructions in the SPOILER of THIS POST to provide that for us.

Message 2 of 10 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So should i paste the link with dxdiag here or some prvt msg?

I did that step in the spoiler and have the link with details.

Message 3 of 10 (1,476 Views)

★★★ Expert

You can attach it here. When you post a reply, there is a button at the bottom of the editor that says "Browse, with a paper clip next to it. Click that button to attach the DXDIAG file, or if it is already on HateBin, just copy and paste the link in your post.

Message 4 of 10 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here it is the diag.

Message 5 of 10 (1,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, nothing yet from ea?

Origin client did make an update and worked well at first run until i.... entered the details page and crashed again the same.

Why did he see Win8 driver and why crush when i scroll down to details or go to another tab?

Why no ea ppl talk about this? At least to talk or ask... eh

Message 6 of 10 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Expert

Check with Asus to see if they have an updated WINDOWS 10 driver for your Intel chip.

Make sure your Nvidia graphics card is up to date as well. You can use GeForce Experience or go to the Nvidia website to do that.

Set Origin to use your Nvidia card if the issue persists.

Message 7 of 10 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did the following:

1. Tried to update intel, but it sais that it is not possible to update to latest version from intel website. On asus website, there are no drivers for windows 10 for my laptop.
2. Origin client don't have the option to use Nvidia card. All other programs have it, except origin... why, only they know (i will try to attach picture with that).
3. Nvidia is up to date.

It still crashes. Why Origin can't see Nvidia card. It is blocked on intel, and i suppose that's why it crashes. It sees only win8 driver...

After that origin update i can't use it to see details from games. :-( So, from what i see is no solution. Until then, it worked fine.
Why all that updates that destroy all working things?

Will we be able to use it or not? Computer is 2 years old and it is a reasonable configuration, so must not be limited by newest drivers for using or browsing simple things.

I see that what we write here, for EA is not important.

Message 8 of 10 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

See if you can use the Nvidia Control Panel to make Origin use your Nvidia card.

using Nvidia Switchable Graphics.
These instructions apply to any brand of computer.

As for an Intel chip update, yes those are often customized by the manufacturer of the computer so, you can't use generic drivers.

Message 9 of 10 (1,372 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

lwl

i did that, and on battlefield 4 it worked, but i tried another game and it crashed again.

pff,

i will stop use the Origin client for that, its a waste of time for now, maybe in the future

anyway, thanks a lot DARKAMARANTH1966 for your time

Message 10 of 10 (1,367 Views)