Origin claiming i dont own seasons

by Icealpha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin claiming i dont own seasons

★★★ Novice

I have bought and payed for the seasons expansion pack on the sims 3 but origin is saying i dont own it, i was able to retype my pets expansion pack code in and it worked but its saying "product code already redeemed" with seasons.

I got a new laptop recently and im moving my sims 3 over to my laptop, the base game and pets worked just fine but its claiming i dont own seasons, I've already contacted customer service and they have completely ignored my questions, im getting really frustrated and am hesitant of purchasing anything from EA again.

I would just buy it again but its $20 i dont have to spend.

Message 1 of 5 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin claiming i dont own seasons

@Icealpha  Unfortunately, only support can make that happen.  It shouldn't be too much of a hassle though; at least, it usually isn't.  If you're not getting the chat option, try changing the location in your browser window (in the upper right corner) to U.S. or U.K.  If that doesn't help, try choosing a slightly different category of issue—some of them require phone calls or email contact only.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)

All Replies

@Icealpha  Where did you buy Seasons, and when?  If you bought directly through Origin, you should be able to access your purchase history to prove ownership.  In Origin, hover over your username and select Account & Billing to go to your EA account page.

If you originally bought a disc or Steam copy of Seasons, is it possible that you registered it to a different account?  Adding the code to your account on the old Sims 3 site (thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com) would make the code read as used—the store and Origin share information.  But you could have your accounts merged, if necessary.

If you do have a disc, it would also help to provide support with a photo of the disc, its case, and the insert with the code showing.

Message 2 of 5 (785 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually figured out last night i apparently accidentally downloaded seasons on my old account, I've tried contacting EA help but for some reason its not letting me do the chat feature.

The reason it was working on my old laptop is it downloaded seasons and pets are separate entities but connected to the base game, Also i originally downloaded them on an older version of origin. 

Is there a way i can switch the pack over to my main account without contacting support? Because support hasn't been much if any help.

Message 3 of 5 (727 Views)

@Icealpha  Unfortunately, only support can make that happen.  It shouldn't be too much of a hassle though; at least, it usually isn't.  If you're not getting the chat option, try changing the location in your browser window (in the upper right corner) to U.S. or U.K.  If that doesn't help, try choosing a slightly different category of issue—some of them require phone calls or email contact only.

Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, i will definitely try again

Message 5 of 5 (620 Views)