Re: Origin can't see my installed games?

by Velanteg

Original Post

Origin can't see my installed games?

★★ Novice

So I installed origin and set my install location to be on my external hard drive. I installed Mass Effect 3 (my only game) there and I've been playing it just fine. Today though, after some messing around with drives on my computer, when I launched Origin, it said I had an invalid game install location, so  I changed the download location to the Origin Games folder where Mass Effect 3 was installed. Despite this, Origin still doesn't see Mass Effect 3 so it won't let me play it, and won't let me delete it either. If I do click download, after the download is supposed to start, it just gives me an error message asking me to try again later. So I can't play, download, or delete and redownload Mass Effect 3. What do I do?? Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 10 (27,028 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Talked to a supprt member of EA help about this. For me:

1) Open Origin and left click "origin" in the top left corner by the origin client

2) Go to "application settings" and left click

3) Left click "advanced"

4) Set the game installers to whereever you want them to go.

5) Now open the start menu and open you control panel. The start window is the windows symbol on your task bar and you may need to right click on control panel and left click open once you find it. It should be on the right most side of the start menu, but you can also run a search for it from the start menu.

6) There should be a drop down bar near the top called "view by". open the list and select "category" left click to open and select.

7)There should be 2 columns. At the bottom of the left column, you should see "Programs" and "uninstall a program underneath that. open uninstall a program.

8) Alphabetize your programs by left clicking name if they are not alphabetized. Now find your game and uninstall it. I suggest keeping the save files and what not if it asks you.

9) After all this you should be able to reinstall your game via origin client (EA Origin)

Hope this helps others in the future, but my issue was for a desktop with internal hard drives so maybe not.

Message 2 of 10 (26,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

İt's  not a sollution

Message 3 of 10 (26,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

İt is so stupit it takes for hours to download it again

Message 4 of 10 (26,353 Views)

EA Staff

@ArdaUgra If you are just moving the installation folders between hard drives you don't have to re-download them again. Please see the following article how to back up, move and restore your games: http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Message 5 of 10 (26,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

But it demands me to have extra 60 Gb free space for second game copy, that is stupid.

Why EA cannot do anything work properly? Why i bought anything in this * collections of bugs. Never again, EA and origin going to hell, only Steam.

Message 6 of 10 (20,399 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just in case some one else stumbles into this dead thread. you can now right click the game in your library and then click locate

Message 7 of 10 (14,766 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You can but its just going to tell you it cant locate a game in a root directory, even though its not in a root directory. Origin I am disappointed Ive been trying to install a game for 3 days. firs tyou wouldnt accept my files, so I downloaded yours, but for some reason origin crashed at 97% and deleted all the files, so I start again, and now it wont locate......

Message 8 of 10 (14,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"Just in case some one else stumbles into this dead thread. you can now right click the game in your library and then click locate"

My origin client doesn't have this but it does seem like something that would help with the problem

Message 9 of 10 (7,821 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @0R1G1NC4NB10WM3 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (7,803 Views)