Origin can't connect

by Super_Muffin117

Original Post

Origin can't connect

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to update the Sims 4 and Origin said it was not able to connect even thou I had good internet connection. So after trying for a while I decided to uninstall both Origin and the Sims 4, hoping that I could reinstall both and the problem would be fixed. Instead I reinstalled Origin for it to say that it is unable to connect to the library. So now I don't have the Sims 4 or any of the pacts I have bought. I don't know what to do and I had all the pacts. They cost a lot of money. So if anyone has a solution or and idea of why Origin is doing this please let me know.

Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

Re: Origin can't connect

★★ Novice

Hi There. If you using Mac then there is known issue going on with Origin on Mac that players are not able to see their games in Origin library. EA is going to release the Origin update very soon, it will be available any time. This update will fix your ongoing issue with your games. 
If you are using the PC and still facing the issue then must have to try clearing your Origin cache by following steps :-

1. Completely exit Origin by clicking File > Exit.
  2. On your computer, navigate to the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Origin
  3. If you have previously downloaded material that you would like to back up:
    1. Right-click the cache folder and choose Rename.
    2. Rename this folder to something like cache.BAK.
  4. If you do not want to back up your files:
    1. Right-click the cache folder and choose Delete.
    2. A "Confirm Key Delete" window will appear. Choose Yes.
  5. Restart Origin and log in. If the game materials repopulate the main view screen, then the issue is likely resolved. 

To restore any material you chose to back up:

1. Completely exit Origin by clicking File Exit.
  2. On your computer, navigate to the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Origin\cache
  3. There will be a folder with a long string for a name (such as {9C54E810EE0D968BD7C554A06864A495}).
  4. Go back to the renamed/backed up cache folder and access the folder with the same alphanumeric name. Move the contents of the backup folder to the newly created cache folder.

If the issue still persist contact @ help.ea.com on live chat and an Advisor will assist you with your issue.

Message 2 of 3 (239 Views)

Re: Origin can't connect

★★★ Novice

Servers have been down for 3 weeks now with no updates from origin or ea..

Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)