Origin - an experience

by ExJure

Original Post

Origin - an experience

★★★ Newbie

I just want to say that my Origin experience so far has been nothing but bad. It insist on spamming me with commercials in google translate-danish even though I changed the language to English. It runs like a sack of shi-potatoes. The prices are out of this world! (What? Do you think I'm a console user or what?). I sincerely hope that Origin goes away.

Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Re: Origin - an experience

Community Manager

@ExJure Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Origin so far. Generally speaking we do provide ads based upon someone's geographical location as determined by their Geo IP. But we have recently looked into letting users overwrite this and selecting English instead.

In order to understand better where exactly this particular miscommunication is happening, can you let me know whether you are just experiencing this with the Origin Client or on the Origin website as well.

Regarding the performance, can you specify a bit whether your issue is the general speed or rather with some features like the download of games or game installations?

If you are not happy with the current prices, check out some of the free games available: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/free-games

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)