Re: Origin acount hacked by someone in russia!

by ewenutz78

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin acount hacked by someone in russia!

★★ Novice

My account has just been hacked by someone in russia, they have changed my password and my memorable information! what do i do???

Message 1 of 18 (670 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

EA doesn't like helping their customers.  As long as they get your money, they dont seem to care if their products work.  They label forums like this as their 24 hour help, but in truth, its their own users like myself that come on here to help people.  

You should be able to recover your Origin account by giving it the email you were connected to.  So long as the Origin accounts bound email address is still under your control, it should be simple to recover your account.  They will send a recovery code to that email that you then can put into the screen on the website to reset your password and regain control of your Origin account.  

its a standard practice for every major corperation that runs off the internet.  The trick is just finding out where the "account recovery" option is. Thankfully, i've done the work for you.  Here you go. 

https://www.origin.com/account/reset-password

And word of advice, once you've recovered your account, remove any stored credit card information and manually write down friend IDs if possible in case you lose the account again.

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (649 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

ME too

were is the response to this post ??

Message 2 of 18 (656 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure, never heard anything from anybody and it seems a nightmare to get hold of anybody through support. the hacker has already deleted all my friends, changed my name, language, password and memorable information. I really need to get this sorted ASAP before this goes any further. not impressed by the security of origin in the slightest............

Message 3 of 18 (654 Views)

★★ Novice

24 hour help service??? are you joking? Still no reply to this thread, and i've been on hold on the support helpline for an 1h 15mins so far.........................

Message 4 of 18 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA doesn't like helping their customers.  As long as they get your money, they dont seem to care if their products work.  They label forums like this as their 24 hour help, but in truth, its their own users like myself that come on here to help people.  

You should be able to recover your Origin account by giving it the email you were connected to.  So long as the Origin accounts bound email address is still under your control, it should be simple to recover your account.  They will send a recovery code to that email that you then can put into the screen on the website to reset your password and regain control of your Origin account.  

its a standard practice for every major corperation that runs off the internet.  The trick is just finding out where the "account recovery" option is. Thankfully, i've done the work for you.  Here you go. 

And word of advice, once you've recovered your account, remove any stored credit card information and manually write down friend IDs if possible in case you lose the account again.

Message 5 of 18 (650 Views)

Re: Origin account hacked by someone in Russia!

★★ Novice

Finally got through to the support team after 2+ hrs of waiting in a queue and they reset my memorable information for me, thankfully everything is almost back to normal. The hacker deleted all my friends from Origin which is irreversible but at least I have access to my account again.

Message 6 of 18 (625 Views)

Re: Origin account hacked by someone in Russia!

★★★★ Novice

wish I could have helped sooner.  Waiting on their customer support is like pulling teeth. 

Message 7 of 18 (622 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks gourek, I have done as you suggested so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again! Thanks for your help.

@Gourek wrote:

Message 8 of 18 (620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thats the danger of the internet.  It will happen.  Any future purchases, try to do them through paypal. They are secure and theres an option to use them when making an origin purchase.

Message 9 of 18 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

@Gourek wrote:

Thats the danger of the internet.  It will happen.  Any future purchases, try to do them through paypal. They are secure and theres an option to use them when making an origin purchase.

Thanks I'll do that in future, Now if I could only get my hands on the **** who hacked me......

Message 10 of 18 (614 Views)