Re: Origin access auto renew

by elliotle87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin access auto renew

★★★ Novice

Why did my origin access auto renew without letting me know? Why is this option default when you subscribe? This is not what i wanted and you have to give me my money back. It's not legal what you're doing.

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @yomisimie, Origin Access like any other membership is one that is set to renew once the current billing period is over. If you do not wish to renew your membership then you would need to ensure that you have turned off auto-renew.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (320 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @yomisimie, Origin Access like any other membership is one that is set to renew once the current billing period is over. If you do not wish to renew your membership then you would need to ensure that you have turned off auto-renew.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is unethical that they turn on auto renew by default. I contacted EA last year regarding this and they said there is nothing I can do so I turned auto renew off. Then, somehow throughout the year they turned it back on and charged me again. You will have better luck disputing the charge through your credit card than contacting customer service.

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just happened to me too

Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)