Origin access and DLC's

by ElongateSpark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin access and DLC's

★ Novice

Hi.

I was wondering. If you have Origin access and decide to buy DLC (which are extremly costly for ME2, more than the base game) and you at some point cancel your Origin Access subscription. What will happen to the DLC's? I mean sure you cant play them since you lack the base game, but if you re-subscribe, will you need to buy the DLC's again or will they be automaticly re-added?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (1,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin access and DLC's

Hero

@ElongateSpark I believe that once you have purchased something, you keep it. If you purchase DLCs but do not own the base game, you will still own the DLCs and will be able to use them if you ever get the base game on Origin (on the same account, obviously). 

If you have any other questions about Origin Access, it has its own board here. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,947 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ElongateSpark I believe that once you have purchased something, you keep it. If you purchase DLCs but do not own the base game, you will still own the DLCs and will be able to use them if you ever get the base game on Origin (on the same account, obviously). 

If you have any other questions about Origin Access, it has its own board here. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,948 Views)

Community Manager

@ElongateSpark Hi,

I just wanted to step and in confirm what Niah_Dark already said. You indeed retain ownership of the DLC and as soon as you either purchase the base game, or pick up an Origin Access membership again, you can continue.

Note that you can purchase the base game for 10% off while being an Origin Access member, so if you are considering letting your subscription expire to pick up the base game, make sure you make your purchase prior to the end of the subscription.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 5 (1,492 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you both for taking your time to clear that up for me Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (1,480 Views)

Community Manager

@ElongateSpark Awesome, glad to hear that the issue has been resolved!

Have fun with your games.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 5 (1,460 Views)