Origin Won't Download/Install!

by simcedes

Original Post

Re: Origin Won't Download/Install!

★★★ Newbie

i am having the exact same issue have you had any luck with figuring it out yet?

Message 31 of 43 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Tots100208 I am having this same issue. Were you able to figure out how to install it? I would much appreciate it! Standard smile

Message 32 of 43 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@videoadam Have you been able to figure it out? I am having this same issue. 

Message 33 of 43 (1,988 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko how do you clear a cache of program that wont even install, because I love to here it
Message 34 of 43 (1,870 Views)

★ Novice

EA you just need to to fix your origin launcher , its obvious compatabilty QA was not done on this very well so fix it or answer to every ones BBB complaint that is forthcoming

Message 35 of 43 (1,867 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, a number of the errors listed here are related to an issue with VC++, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 36 of 43 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I know this was 3 weeks ago, but I've had the same problems and none of the solutions are working. I installed the most up-to-date VC and reinstalled origin (running as administrator) and it pops up with an error. I keep restarting and deleting/re-downloading everything but nothing is working.

The error that pops up:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

I have tried the system checker in command prompt and it says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I've tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and that lead to no improvements.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Message 37 of 43 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks! It worked.
Message 38 of 43 (1,561 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @kendrasimone.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 39 of 43 (1,524 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KrtRosie1 that it continues to not work could point to a system issue.

Let's try a clean boot and then the steps I posted above: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 40 of 43 (1,523 Views)