Origin Won't Download Anything

by Senor_Laggy

Original Post

Origin Won't Download Anything

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So the new update for Battlefield 4 came out recently, and I was planning on updating it as soon as I got the chance. When I opened up Origin yesterday, it said that there was an update available for Battlefield 4, I clicked 'Update Now' and it then came up, after a few seconds, saying:

"Download Failed

Oops...Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up".

I clicked retry and the same message came up. There was no pop up about User Account Control. There was no pop up at all. Thinking this would be a problem with my firewall, I then went and allowed 'Origin' through the firewall for my computer, yet the 'Download Failed' message still re-appears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

[EDIT: So I have just found that it has blocked all downloads to my computer through Origin (I tried to download another game through Origin and it comes up with the same message), so I imagine this is a bigger problem than just Origin...I have set it so that the firewall should not interfere with the downloads, but I have no clue what else I can do in order to sort the problem. Any assistance is appreciated!]

[FURTHER EDIT: I messaged someone and they told me to do a clean boot of my computer (Link: support.microsoft.com/kb929135 ) and this worked for me, hopefully it does for you all too!] 

Message 1 of 1 (4,307 Views)