Origin Web Helper Service

by GeneralFuria85

Original Post

Origin Web Helper Service

★★★★ Apprentice

Before anything I apologize for my English is not my native language.

I am experiencing problems with the Origin Web Helper Service service, which has assigned an automatic start, generating error ID 7009 in the event log I boot my windows every PC with the argument:

the waiting time (30000 ms) for connection to the Origin service Web Helper Service ran out.

I also noticed that after closing origin completely, the same continuous service working in the background.

Message 1 of 5 (3,382 Views)

Re: Origin Web Helper Service

EA DICE Team

@GeneralFuria85

Hi,

What happens if you run your system in a clean boot?

Message 2 of 5 (3,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just set it to disabled/manual in services.msc. You do not need it to play.

Origin totaly ignores user settings and even if you set "origin autostart" and "webhelper service" to OFF in origin settings the service related to web helper is still auto booting and is unable to start correctly.
I reinstalled my system because I thought it was the reason, but problem persisted, so I checked event log and found out that this new origin is creating huge slowdown on boot (~15 seconds on SSD). Turning it off solved problem completely.
Origin is probably worst game client ever. They had new origin in beta for so long and they didn't fix it...

Message 3 of 5 (3,141 Views)

★ Novice

You have to re-change the service to manual after every Origin update apparently, since it resets to automatic every time

Was wondering why my windows boot was slow again, found this culprit again

Message 4 of 5 (2,994 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep, that is correct. It is sad that they still didn't fix that.

Message 5 of 5 (1,531 Views)