Origin Updating Issues

by TwofacedBore38

Original Post

Origin Updating Issues

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure who is receiving this, but I'm having one of the most frustrating issues I've ever had in terms of gaming. I recently bought FIFA 13 but cannot play it as Origin does not let me log-in until it completes some sort of 45mb update. The thing is, at the end of the update it tells me an error has occurred and redirects me to a page where I can download the latest version of Origin. Well, I downloaded that version and the same stupid update occurs, finishing witht the same **bleep** error. This has happened numerous times. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, running as administrator and ensuring that my AVG Antivirus and/or my Firewall wasn't the issue. So I don't know what to do.

I'm on Windows 7 with a perfectly capable system and perfectly capable internet connection. One bit of information that may prove useful is that when I played FIFA 12 I had an issue where everytime Origin started up or logged me in, it would attempt this update. I would simply wait for the 45mb update each time, which would take about 10 minutes (and hope that it didn't use up my Internet Quota), before being logged in and being able to play FIFA 12.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated, as you can imagine I am extremely frustrated to the point of returning my copy of FIFA 13. All I want to do is install Origin or log in or whatever would allow me to play FIFA 13.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 1 (244 Views)