Origin Update Issue - Folder Does Not Exist

by DNagele

Original Post

Re: Origin Update Issue - Folder Does Not Exist

★★★ Newbie

So I looked this up and apparently "read only", despite there being a checkbox in the properties window for them, is not a state that exists for folders, and the real solution seems to be to go under the security tab in the properties window for the folder and give "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" permissions to write and modify.

Message 11 of 21 (3,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

All you need to fix this problem is to Run Origin with Administrator Privileges through clicking on Properties, and then go to compatibility and Check the box that says "Run this program as an Administrator". You can Press on "Change settings for all users" and apply it for all.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Message 12 of 21 (3,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem with ME. God damn origin how are you such a complete mess?
Message 13 of 21 (3,321 Views)

★ Novice
this worked thanks
Message 14 of 21 (3,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Restart Origin and run origin as administrator! Working for me
Message 15 of 21 (3,059 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've got this problem too but I can't just reselect my sims folder because I don't have one, as this is a first time download. I set Origin up to where it always boots admin and compatibility mode after I encountered this problem, but no luck. When I get to the open directory part, origin just freezes and goes unresponsive and I can't even crash it normally, I have to force close. I'm using w7 service pack 2, so I should be set. What's going on? 

Message 16 of 21 (3,018 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Queen_Roogna wrote:

I've got this problem too but I can't just reselect my sims folder because I don't have one, as this is a first time download. I set Origin up to where it always boots admin and compatibility mode after I encountered this problem, but no luck. When I get to the open directory part, origin just freezes and goes unresponsive and I can't even crash it normally, I have to force close. I'm using w7 service pack 2, so I should be set. What's going on? 

Nevermind, I saw the installation path didn't exist so I just made my own Origin Games folder and now it's installing normally. 

Message 17 of 21 (2,968 Views)

★ Novice
This is the way to fix.
Message 18 of 21 (2,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Choose "Restore Default" and download. That's it!
Application Settings>Install and Saves>On Your Computer>Game Library Location>> Restore Default. I think this gonna work.
Message 19 of 21 (2,298 Views)

★ Novice
@Oversteer2 open task mngr, goto details, right click origin.exe and click open file location, go back to tsk mngr and close all origin services. Then you right click Origin.exe and run it as administrator, u'll see that the game automatically downloads/updates. If not, try to delete all installers under Installs & saves. (helped me with bf4 & 5) I had the same issue as u & "folder does not exist".
Message 20 of 21 (2,034 Views)