[Origin] Unable To Connect From Iran

by TheMaster13142

Original Post

Re: [Origin] Unable To Connect From Iran

★ Novice

First of all how come Setam dident do that? is Valve not american?

and what if i live in Iran but i dident pay for my game and my game is a gift from someone in US. that way i dident cross sanctions nor EA did. how about that?

second its none of your bussiness how people act based on theire religion. you act like Gestapo. im sorry for you. no human should think like you.

Message 401 of 418 (2,499 Views)

Re: EA BANNS IRANIAN GAMERS

★★★★★ Newbie
@1_ARAD_1 حالا چ کنیم ک بیان؟
Message 402 of 418 (2,420 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_TomTheMaster13142 same for me.
shame for racist .
Message 403 of 418 (2,358 Views)

Re: EA BANNS IRANIAN GAMERS

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 It didn't work like FIX IT NOW
Message 404 of 418 (2,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem, i was in Italy and sweden playing Apex legends and now I am living in Iran and since when you use VPN your pings get skyhigh and it is not even worth it to play cause you will be dead in no time i dont play it and I have become an addict, just cause you banned us people of Iran, and now with this corona virus, what are we going to do? Who is USA to ban the people of Iran? So much hated this government of American people is. I hope they topple soon. 

Message 405 of 418 (2,013 Views)

★★ Novice

It's understandable that Iranians cannot access the game content, that being said, some people paid for games by any means, after the sanctions applied, and some did so before the sanctions. If you are one of those people who paid for your game before sanctions it would be logical to have the right of reclaiming your money back (including the fluctuations if that matters to you) unless terms of service say otherwise. However, if you are the latter, it would be your fault as I am sure EA would mention to all their customers regarding the embargo, if you bought the game on any means, and found out that you are unable to play the game on sanctioned countries, please understand it is your lack of personal responsibility for not respecting the terms of EA as a company.

About the sanctions, it is not EA's fault, its the law by their nation, now you might ask why steam does not have the same limitations, I don't know, but it's safe to say if EA was capable to help Iranians play their games then they would have fixed it by now.

Regardless, it's still possible to enjoy EA services using a VPN service, you will most likely need a professional provider which offers a decent connection.

Message 406 of 418 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since many many servers from USA is working properly and many vpn providers even are from USA and they are making money out of Iranian prople this is a racist thing to not let Iranian play a game, no politition has said this, this is your companies ceos opinion to not let Iranian play. The game is mostly for children. And this is a free game for all, put your money in your pocket. This act of yours is racist. And immoral. I will not play with vpn, I chose to play with steam and it is fine. It showed that your company is racist. You have something against Iranians? And since you are a newbie and does not talk for a EA company you can close your mouth. I see hatred to Iranians from your texts. I THOUGHT a human would come and do something. I did not no warmongers are here too. Congrats to US for producing so many warmongers.

Message 407 of 418 (1,692 Views)

★★ Novice

Beforehand, as you failed to understand my statement, either do not read this or, read with an open mind.

1. Since many many servers from USA is working properly
Yes, I've had many games that were American made, and I could play them with Iranian IP. But we are talking about a big company here not a single game, almost all US companies are forbidden to conduct businesses of any kind with some countries, Iran included.

2. Many vpn providers even are from USA
Not true but, I don't get your point. Why wouldn't they be from American? it IS a more free country at least Internet wise than Iran.

3. They are making money out of Iranian
Before the sanctions, when the US did not block Iran, that was fine, you paid for a VPN service to access content whom your own government blocked. That was fine to play but now that the US also blocked some content for Iranian people, it's suddenly racist...? bruh, they are making money from all around the world, Iran is not special. 

4. This is a racist thing to not let Iranian play a game
I'm not American and I don't care, I won't but I can blame both the American and the Iranian governments, but not the EA company.

5. No politition has said this
Dude are you even from Iran? It's like news every day... hell I'll even throw you the link

6. This is your companies ceos opinion to not let Iranian play
Yes, the company decided to follow the rules of their government, and logically, updated their Terms and Conditions, whom you, as their customer, are obliged to read and follow, not doing so will be your own responsibility and EA has every right to get your money, not return it, and prohibit any services from their company to you. Read the TOC beforehand. (link is an example)

7. And since you are a newbie and does not talk for a EA company you can close your mouth. I see hatred to Iranians from your texts.
Weird for an Iranian to hate speech himself but ok, and what does me being a newbie has to do with this? Do you collect wisdom in this forum or something? (I'm Iranian if you did not get the hint)

8. I THOUGHT a human would come and do something
Sorry, no one owes you anything, stop whining and look around yourself a bit, there are people in way worse life condition and here you are complaining about a game you can't play (without a VPN)

9. Congrats to US for producing so many warmongers.
Which is it the US being racist or EA? or is EA just following the law and they do not wish to find ways to fix this like Steam? It's their company man chill, no one forced you to buy their game.

Mind you, I find it impossible to buy an EA game from Iran, you need an international credit card for personal use, which Iran lacks (in legal ways), and you need to use IP in countries you can conduct purchases from, therefore it's safe to say any normal person would understand that this game may have limitations within Iran.

So I don't expect a reply from you, but please feel free. Hope you understand blaming people will rarely fix your issue, at least not in a humane way.  

Message 408 of 418 (1,677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All your points are sadly invalid since there are MANY other companies in the USA that still provide services worldwide regardless and haven't really suffered any consequences, only EA and epic games are the ones being shameless and turning an innocent video game ((which EVERYONE who has paid for it must be able to play and enjoy it)) into a political battleground.
Just because I'm from a certain country that ONLY the US government has a beef with, I can't play my fav video game? even tho I paid for it and everything?
This is a disgusting and shameful act from EA, it's like they were waiting for an excuse to do this, and after 4 or 5 years? come on, that's just straight-up bs, and the most messed up part is, they never announced it after a very long time when lotta people figured it out them selfs.
I used to play BF 4.
Beta tested BF 1 and BF 5.
so? why can't I just continue to play my games?
PS: I'm 100% sure you won't be saying any of these when your country gets an IP ban, I'm sure you'll be one of the first to post how you feel and how u want a refund and etc...and I don't remember seeing that "video games" are in the sanctions. cause there not there, it's just a made-up thing made by EA

Message 409 of 418 (1,579 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I can hardly believe you read my comment, seems to me you only gave a small look and decided to comment over. Reason being I did mention I am myself from Iran, and my country is IP banned:
"PS: I'm 100% sure you won't be saying any of these when your country gets an IP ban, I'm sure you'll be one of the first to post how you feel and how u want a refund and etc"

Please read the following first, then reply if you must:

Everyone in Iran knows about the sanctions, therefore they should expect limitations alike, a decent person will understand that it is necessary to check if their country is able to receive services from a company. In an example, the Epic Games you mentioned, points out that countries including Iran, are unable to be provided with services due to current US laws. So if you are from Iran, Epic Games won't let you access their website unless you use a VPN or something similar. Even if you are not told blatantly on the homepage about Iran being blocked by EA, as an Iranian citizen you should already know about the sanctions, as every Iranian does.

If you have paid for your game before the sanctions, it is logical to get a refund as you can no longer play from Iran, unless this is said otherwise in Terms of Services. If you paid for the game during the sanctions, first, how did you even do that with an Iranian credit card? second, what else did you expect? to magically be excluded from the sanctions?

About the other companies:
I, nor do you, know why steam allows and EA doesn't (do you?) however, if you have played BattleField 1942, then you know there were no issues playing it from Iran since Battlefield 1942 came out before/early days of the Iran sanctions. EA was not told to sanction Iran, so they didn't. now they are told to sanction Iran, and they did. I don't understand how it makes them evil or something? Again, they are told by their country, which they are obliged to obey the rules of; that does not make them Iran haters in this case. Steam or other companies that offer services to Iranians, are not EA, Steam can and likes to offer services to Iran, EA cannot and/or does not like to offer services to Iranians, it's their business and you have no right to force them in this regard.

As you notice I did read your comment carefully, I expect you do to the same before you go off like "All your points (every single one of them?) are sadly invalid since there are MANY other companies in the USA that still provide services worldwide"

From the fear of possible misunderstandings, I, again, try my best to put it out as simple as I can:

1. Bought the game before Iran was banned? you deserve to have a refund unless said otherwise by the TOS
2. Bought the game after Iran was banned? It is completely your fault, everyone knows Iran is sanctioned and so did you, EA blocking Iran is an example of sanction, "when lotta people figured it out them selfs." No, lots of people found out Iran got banned from certain games, and logically they thought "oh right, sanctions" it wasn't some unexpected disaster that no one expected, use common sense.

3. "Why steam lets Iranians play?" I don't know, do you? and don't tell me "because they are nice people they like Iranians", show me valid proof that why Steam lets Iranians play, I like to know myself as well. I am 100% sure EA knows how, and pretty sure they can provide services to Iranians if they want to, but they don't want to. It is their company, their services, their game, their everything, and they do not give them to Iranians for any, any, and again, any, reason, because it is theirs and they can do whatever they wish as long as it does not cause harm.

Thank you for reading (I doubt)

-Iranian person

*sorry did a mistake, fixed by editing "Battlefield 1" to "Battlefield 1942"

Message 410 of 418 (1,514 Views)