Re: EA BANNS IRANIAN GAMERS

by AmirBanazadeh

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I like the "Solved" word in the topic, what exactly has been solved ? It all started with Dragon Age 3 and it's s**ty DRM, every 72 hours game forced me to activate it again and again until one day it refused to update, without update you can't play the game because updates are forced, i have more than 7 tickets and 0 answers. then the latest Origin update made everything worst, now i can't access my library and all of my games are gone. Funny Apple lifted it sanctions on iran yet EA adds a new one. so much for targeting govs with sanctions and not the people. there is a reason EA is a s**ties gaming company out there. F off.

Message 321 of 418 (1,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After receiving the "access denied" message for weeks, I finally contacted EA and talked to a live representative.

After specifically asking him if EA had IP blocked Iran, he had the audacity to tell me that there was nothing wrong and EA has not blocked the Iranian IPs.

Today I saw this article on pcgamer.com where the same thing is mentioned with Iran's name in it. Followed it to the reddit post and saw it was exactly the problem.

There's so much hypocrisy behind all of this that it's sickening.

Anyway, for now I'll be using a VPN to log in to my account IF I ever wanna play any EA games (sadly Battlefield 3-4 aren't available on Steam)

Good for you EA! you just lost a paying customer.

Fortunately, I only own around 20 games on Origin whereas my Steam library exceeds 1200 games.

Either EA will fix this or they'll see no more business from Iranian players.

Rant over!

Back to Steam for now

Message 322 of 418 (1,056 Views)

Origin unavailable for Iranian users

★★★ Novice

Since the last Version 10 update, access to Origin is completely gone for Iranian players. In pre-version 10 just the store was unavailable (Access Denied) and we had no issues tbh. But this is insane that you can't even play the Games you PAID for. 

Some things worth mentioning: 

- I don't know what people (especially you guys at EA) think about Iranian people, but we are like everybody else and have the right to play the games we pay for and love.

- there is no sanction thing going on about that (they were ceased like 1 year ago) So no excuses.

What would you do if someone had done such thing? What is it if not racism? 

Frown

Message 323 of 418 (995 Views)

★★★ Novice

Funny thing is, Iran is not blocked on PS4/Xbone. only PC/Origin. but hey i want my money back.

Message 324 of 418 (985 Views)

★★★★ Novice

just myanmar ? read  news 
iran's sanctions lifted 4 month's ago 
"https://www.ft.com/content/7ca5b856-bc62-11e5-9fdb-87b8d15baec2

Message 325 of 418 (948 Views)

★★★ Novice

But the Sanctions against Iran are gone for 1 year for god's sake. What is your problem?

Message 326 of 418 (931 Views)

★ Novice

hmm sunds fishy. Is not Russia embagoed by US and half of Europe?

Message 327 of 418 (903 Views)

★★★ Novice

same here in iran....Origin wants us to go and play cracked game...Fine we'll do that

dadash inam az samarate barjame...rid barjam

Message 328 of 418 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

origin please access only game library to us .... Disappointed

we need access game library ... Disappointed

we paid  for games and now we need access to our games only ... Disappointed

Message 329 of 418 (814 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't think threatening Origin will solve any problems. Just don't buy their games anymore until they remove the ban.
Message 330 of 418 (801 Views)