Re: Origin Store Language Change

by praxis22

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Wow, installed origin, googled for a solution to change the store language, find this ancient thread and still no fix -> potential customer lost.
Message 161 of 258 (800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After five years still no resolution on this one?

I downloaded Origin because I was just getting off the plane for my third deployment to Afghanistan when Mass Effect 3 was released.  I was lucky enough not to run into any issues at that time (I think I pre purchased the game).  But here I sit on my fourth tour in Korea and can not download Sims 4.  Same issue as all the others.  EA has been dissapointing me since they got their hold of Ultma Online.  I would like to say I am through with them but have a feeling Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition will have an EA logo somewhere on the box. 

I am very thankful for this thread.  I was on a 35 min timer waiting to speak with an EA representative to try to find a resolution.  It would have been a 35 min wait for them to tell me they cant help me with the issue.

Message 162 of 258 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
With regards to Sims4 it appears not to be an Issue. Since I bought the game retail in Germany with the back of the box saying that the instructions and screen text were in German. But you can only register through Origin. So I register my game and it loads the game from the disc. And then it asked me language I wanted. I selected English and the game is now in English.

I'm not so sure what happens if you download it. And it's an 8GB install. Perhaps somebody else has experience of that. But if you can get pphysical media posted to you, you should be OK.
Message 163 of 258 (765 Views)

★★★ Newbie
bueno ... sería genial si hubieran resuelto este problema ahora. espero un empleado EA tiene que leer esto ... esto es lo que es , EA . cada vez .
Message 164 of 258 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh no, I didnt want to give you the XP. Well ok have it. Problem is that now I am in Germany, everything is in English except the store page! That is the problem

Message 165 of 258 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I live in Germany. Origin is in English, sims4 is in English, origin store is in German. Unless you can put up a proxy that will change where Origin thinks you are. Or a proxy script that will auto translate the HTML that it is getting from the German server. I guess you're stuck with a German store. Sorry.
Message 166 of 258 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been Steam user for ages. and to be honest, they manage everything FOR the players. and EA, we live in a big world, we have universal language, if you need translators, just post a job offer for people to help you translate if that is your problem. i would actually prefer my client and page in english as I was born in ukraine, lived in portugal for half my life, know better english than my maiden language, and I moved to Finland with no knowledge of finnish language. how am I supposed to understand finnish with your help of restrictions? Take example from Steam... you should have merged with steam and not worry about anything else any more. why being greedy? i remember Burnout Paradise was releasedfor Steam too, and to disappoint EA, i have played whole game on Steam. when EA decides to add more games, personalize their client/store/general language, i might reconsider using it much often.

Everyone has been waiting for language changes. why not give a little attention to your community. you want to end up like Microsoft and Apple? Hated and abandoned? I really hope not. The games EA has are quite good, Battlefield is one of my favorites, but changing countries because of the store language is not an option.

Give your community attention, add general language change on your main Origin page. Half of your community is not using Store because of language problems, now think how much  money you are loosing because noone buys it.

READ IT!!!

Message 167 of 258 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

With SIms 4 release, I thought I would finally have a reason to install Origin. But when I go to the web page, I can't even change language on the web site! If this is the kind of technical solution (and support) I would get if I start using Origin, I think I will rather wait...

This is what it looks like for me:

Origin store page

@hu1ksta wrote:

Yes this needs to be addressed, I cannot purchase any games as I cannot understand the details and checkout info. I use steam with no problem in thailand although I am english so I know its possible! please fix it, been going on far too long, you must be losing a fortune - there's at least $200 of games I want to purchase but physically cant!

This post is from over a year ago, how much money have you (EA) lost since then because you can't fix a simple language setting?

Message 168 of 258 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This problem is utterly ridiculous, I don't understand EA at all. Btw, for your information EA, Switzerland IS NOT Germany, we have 4 official languages, half of the country (me included), speak French, not German. WTF.

I have a question though. If I buy a game on this site (providing I find it in German), will the game be in German too, or EA will finally allow me the choice?

Message 169 of 258 (437 Views)

Community Manager

On the store page, scroll down and you will see a list of the languages that will be available with your puchase.

Message 170 of 258 (420 Views)