Re: Origin Purchasing Error ref. #10048

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Purchasing Error ref. #10048

★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to purchase a subscription to SWTOR as I have done in the past through Origin and it keeps giving me the #10048 error. I've used this card and another one to purchase a subscription successfully from Origin before so I have no idea what's gone wrong now.

I did have this error once before, and in the end I wasn't able to rectify it despite there being no issue on my card's end, and I ended up moving on to a second card that worked fine, and is now giving me that error as well. I tried saving the card information, logging out and logging back in but it doesn't seem to want to take. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Message 1 of 8 (7,787 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Orbital_Speed

You may wish to contact your bank to see if they are blocking the transaction.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (8,555 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Orbital_Speed

You may wish to contact your bank to see if they are blocking the transaction.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (8,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

After 3 days trying to purchase a game on PC with both the browser and through the origin application I was able to complete the transaction on my phone on the first try.

Message 3 of 8 (7,747 Views)

Community Manager

That's interesting, @3therBunny. I wonder, can you try making a "purchase" of a free game or demo from your PC? 

Did you use wifi on your phone or mobile data? I'd be interested to see if this is related to the connection itself.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (7,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I picked up all the additional BF4 expansions I didn't have a week or 2 before I had the problem buying BF1.

I used wifi, same connection my pc is hard lined to.
Message 5 of 8 (7,716 Views)

EA DICE Team

@3therBunny

There is most likely a configuration issue on your PC. The following threads holds information on how to reset most of those settings:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Origin-Login-Unavailable-You-must-be-online-when-logging/td-p...

Message 6 of 8 (7,698 Views)

★★★ Expert

Check the wifi settings on the router if the hard wired computer is okay but wireless is not.

Message 7 of 8 (7,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this problem. Turned off my VPN and it went through without issue. Is that on purpose @EA?

Message 8 of 8 (3,165 Views)