Origin Points need to be fulfilled or scrapped

by Hyncharas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Points need to be fulfilled or scrapped

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Three years ago, EA instituted a system where games owned and achievements earned in them turned into Origin Points.  Since then, however, people have asked time and again what's the point of these, only for the company to say "we're still working on it".

How about turning those points into currency as Microsoft did with Xbox Live - i.e. 100 Origin Points = $1 - for players to spend on things in the EA Online store, such as DLC, full games or even EA Access Membership?  Otherwise, you might as well get rid of it altogether, as it serves no practical purpose if people are earning them and can't use them whatsoever...

Don't you think this BS has gone on long enough?

Message 1 of 8 (567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Points need to be fulfilled or scrapped

EA DICE Team

@jpegJustice

Hi,

Yes, I love my avatar. He is my favorite character on the show. And, apparently I look like him in real life.. thanks for noticing.. Standard smile

I agree with you that there are a lot of opportunities on what we can do with Origin Points. We are currently still investigating these options so your feedback is certainly noted--I do like your idea of it being an exclusive currency. I also understand that since the first glimpse of this feature has been around for quite a while that players start wondering what is up..

I wish that I had the ability to share more but sadly that is not for me to do. At least, not at this time. Lastly, I've already forwarded some further feedback about the prices of DLC to see what we can do with that.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on this subject. That is highly appreciated!

Have a nice day,

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (545 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed! There's so much DLC I want to get, but buying all of it would cost as much as 3 times the game's base price! It's pretty sad, and even though I'm a noob to Origin and EA, I can already tell why everyone prefers Steam. I'd be at Steam now if they had Mass Effect 3 :P

Message 2 of 8 (546 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hyncharas @jpegJustice

I understand that you would like to see more of the Origin Points feature, but at the moment they are only for cosmetic value. However, I don't see a need to scrap these Points as they don't interfere with actual gameplay.

Having said that, please know that we will update our players once we are able to share further information about Origin Points and Achievements.

Message 3 of 8 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

I'd be fine with them being there for cosmetic value if you'd guys could maybe put BioWare points on sale sometime, it's been a while xP And I don't really agree with the part about them interfering with gameplay, because they don't really do anything, but maybe you could just have the Origin points be a different BioWare-point sort of currency for Origin? It's not common with gaming platforms, but a lot of things have a common currency and an exclusive currency, and an example of that in a game would be coins as common and gems as exclusive. Since Origin points are earned instead of bought, couldn't they act as an exclusive currency? Just a suggestion I thought I'd share, because as I said earlier, the DLC's are really expensive, even with some of the older games. Standard smile

Btw, nice Big Bang Theory avatar xD

Message 4 of 8 (516 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jpegJustice

Hi,

Yes, I love my avatar. He is my favorite character on the show. And, apparently I look like him in real life.. thanks for noticing.. Standard smile

I agree with you that there are a lot of opportunities on what we can do with Origin Points. We are currently still investigating these options so your feedback is certainly noted--I do like your idea of it being an exclusive currency. I also understand that since the first glimpse of this feature has been around for quite a while that players start wondering what is up..

I wish that I had the ability to share more but sadly that is not for me to do. At least, not at this time. Lastly, I've already forwarded some further feedback about the prices of DLC to see what we can do with that.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on this subject. That is highly appreciated!

Have a nice day,

Message 5 of 8 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate my suggestions and completely understand how there is discretion about it Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (495 Views)

★★★ Novice

I aggree.. Origin/EA Games needs to get in gear and make these points worth something tangable or get rid of them.

They have meant absolutely nothing for so long now that it's starting to get anoying seeing something on our profiles

that has no valid reason to be there.

Step up EA/Origin! Either get something done with these points or do like developers do.. Dump the worthless things

and remove them from our sight. I for one don't care to see things that WASTE MY TIME AND SPACE..

Message 7 of 8 (457 Views)

Community Manager

@leonarddwayne Thank you for your feedback. Instead of just removing them, I think we should rather look at how we can provide more use in them going forward.

Unfortunately I don't have any updates at this point, so stay tuned for the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 8 (446 Views)