Re: Origin Not Updating

by Evil9963

Original Post

Origin Not Updating

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, I have been having non-stop issues with Origin from very the beginning, however since the release of SimCity I have hardly been able to play the game due to (on top of all the other problems) Origin refusing to update. I know that this is a wide problem as I have researched online and a lot of people are complaining about it. Origin will not update and as such I cannot go online, and so cannot play SimCity. It is infuriating. It tries to update, I even get an update bar, but it just gives up and dissappears after a while, asks me to log in to Origin, which in turns tells me I am not online because I need an update. I am usually very forgiving of these things but this has been going on for ages now and I haven't been able to play the game I payed £40 for because of an unrelated program. It is unforgivable, I haven't even been able to get my free game offered because of all the other problems with SimCity! Add to that the fact that 90% of the time I just want to play SimCity as a single player experience and it kind of feels like I'm being trolled.

So to cut a long story short, how can I make Origin update?

Thanks for any help,

Simon

Message 1 of 8 (9,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello flyinbee,

The first thing I would recommend is to un-install and the re-install Origin. When the re-installation is completed please make sure that you start the Origin client with Administrator rights (in Windows 7 right click the Origin shortcut and select "Run as Administrator").

Regards,

Kristi

Message 2 of 8 (9,652 Views)

★ Novice

I have reinstalled several times and it still won't work.

Message 3 of 8 (8,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hello @CleoCollins123

Please update your Origin client to the latest Beta version -top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General. Then reboot your PC and try again.Wink

And don't forget Oops  ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client,add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

All my best.Standard smile

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 8 (8,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine keeps on telling me that either my wifi isn't working (even when it is) or to try again later. I've been trying almost every day for over a month now, and I just want to play The Sims4 Frown
Message 5 of 8 (6,717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

7 Years later and the problem still not fixed well done EA

Can't wait until we manage to play apex on steam

Message 6 of 8 (3,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kaelan782 Same
Message 7 of 8 (3,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here! all I want to do is play the sims 4 and its saying my wifi isn't working, it is though...

Message 8 of 8 (3,287 Views)