Re: Origin Not Launching

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin Not Launching

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to open Origin, it immediately crashes. When I uninstall Origin and reinstall, I can get it as far as the License Agreement, but once I agree to that, the same problem persists. 

I am on MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6.

I've been through multiple rounds of troubleshooting with technical support. I have:

1. Uninstalled Origin
2. Deleted the various Library files

3. Used the Reset Origin utility

4. Flushed DNS

5. Used the First Aid tool in Disk Utility

None of these things have resolved the issue. 

Technical support has told me there's nothing they can do (other than one person helpfully suggesting I buy a Windows computer to play on instead.)

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated as I currently cannot play any of my Origin games. 

Message 1 of 4 (442 Views)

Community Manager

@tcdisko Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Origin to see if it helps?

I assume that your Mac meets the requirements to run Origin, if you have not checked already please ensure that you meet the requirements listed in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (371 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I've already tried uninstalling (including deleting the library files) and run the reset origin utility before reinstalling. 

And yes my Mac meets the system requirements. 

Message 3 of 4 (354 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, just bumping this up again, I would really appreciate any assistance with this issue. 

Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)