Origin Mac Client released – AHQ welcomes Mac gamers

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Origin for Mac: Installer issues

★ Novice

Hello all,

i have recently downloaded origin for mac (os10.8) and everytime the "Install Helper" menu comes up, the first menu i have to choose when i launch the cient, it just crashes and restarts. Are there any known solutions for this? is this a known issue?

thanks

Richard.

Message 11 of 51 (2,236 Views)

Re: Origin Mac Client released – AHQ welcomes Mac gamers

★★★ Newbie

Same problem.  Asks for permission to install the helper, I click "give permission."  Pinwheel for a bit.  Comes back with same request.

Message 12 of 51 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with the "Install helper" box.

Message 13 of 51 (2,220 Views)

Re: Error Installing on Mac

★★★ Newbie

I cant even download "Empire:Total War Gold Edition". Error 7049:404. Also I dont get 10€ discount.

Message 14 of 51 (2,180 Views)

★ Guide

I Have recently downloaded origin for my Macbook pro. After playing the sims 3 seasons for about 30 mins, particularly when I go to the summer festivals ground (in-game) the game freezes, and this error code appears. Any help with this matter would be much appreciated, thank you.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/65474621.jpg/

Message 15 of 51 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

I should have relized I was buying the PC version in the Pre-order why the hell is mac listed in the specs listing if they are going to relace it for it?

Message 16 of 51 (2,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed. Listing Mac specs in the PC download makes it look like Blizzard where games are Win/Mac. I bought SimCity Digital Deluxe thinking this and now am stuck with the Windows version and no way to get a refund or even learn when the Mac version will be released. If it's not for the Mac, do not list Mac specs there.

Message 17 of 51 (2,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I, too, saw that.  But I made the unfortunate mistake of downloading the Windows version thinking it would install on my MAC.  This website is so confusing.  I want to return the Windows version to get the MAC version... if there even is one.  I can't get in touch with anyone from Origin or EA and it's really frustrating.

Message 18 of 51 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just purchased  "Empire total war- Gold Edition" for Mac and am unable to download b/c "operating system unsupported"- saying I need windows. Why would I have Windows on a Mac? This was not stated at all in platform requirements. Very unhappy. Please help resolve this issue.

Message 19 of 51 (2,046 Views)

★★ Novice

how can i uninstall and then reinstall a game in origin?

i bought sims 3 seasons and installed it through origin but its not showing up in the game or list of expansions i have.. D=

Message 20 of 51 (2,002 Views)