by Sarbear1242

Original Post

Re: Error Installing on Mac

★ Novice

Same problem here

Message 41 of 51 (975 Views)

Re: Origin Mac Client released – AHQ welcomes Mac gamers

★★ Novice

What they dont tell you is that if you are in a country other than your native language country then you cant change the langage defaults in the store.

which means if you cant read it, you can't buy it.

i'm really annoyed by this ongoing issue that has never been resolved.

Message 42 of 51 (944 Views)

★ Novice

I have purchased/downloaded Sims 3 and a few expansion packs. All have worked great until today. I downloaded Into the Future and during the install process it had me update Sims 3. I did that and came back to finish the install, but it says it IS installed, except it isn't. It doesn't show up in the uninstaller. How do I manually uninstall just Into the Future. Thanks.

Message 43 of 51 (822 Views)

★ Apprentice

You should be able to download or update SimCity for Mac via the Origin Mac client.  Further, if you already have SimCity for Windows, you get access to the Mac version via Origin as well (same applies to DLC) - naturally, this also works in reverse.  I had purchased the SimCity Limited Edition for Windows - when the Mac version became available, I was able to download it directly via Origin Mac.

Message 44 of 51 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This was just a minor incident, IM sure EA will fix this.

Message 45 of 51 (768 Views)

Re: Error Installing on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here: download went ok, but it will not install.

Have you resolved the issue? if so, what did you do?

Thx

Message 46 of 51 (715 Views)

★★ Novice

So you folks took my money, (SimCity) but don't seem to be able to deliver the goods, this Origin thing is complete junk.

I've in the past"told the Team" what the problem is, but I'm thinking the Team is on an extended holiday. So you need to either fix this for all the Mac owners out here, or re-emburse the money's for all the games we have purchased that seem to need this.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Origin over and over, now it keeps telling me that SimCity is running, be not where its running, its not running on my computer.

I guess I know this will never be read or answered by " the team", they haven't said anything since last year, but I needed to get it out.

I really didn't realise I was spending money for total frustration, take Origin and put it where the sun..........well you get the idea.

Message 47 of 51 (700 Views)

★★ Novice

I know they came out with the Great Game Garantee, a copout if I ever heard of one, I don't think gamers bought games just to give EA interest on their money, then to get a refund after a few months.

We want the thing fixed, we want to play the games, maybe a fix will come, but I think its just a scam when you get nothing but silience from "the team".

Message 48 of 51 (697 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i have a Mac,and i'm having an issue with my Sims 3 Pets game in origin. I click on it to play, press play and it says the sims 3 pets will be launched through external application, i continue and nothing happens. Island paradise works, as well as others, yet this expansion won't be added to my base game. I notice this when i'm on the main menu of the game, and i look down the bottom, where it shows which expansions you have, and sims 3 pets isn't on it. Please help i'm unsure of what to do. thanks.

Message 49 of 51 (674 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same problem - has anyone answered your question yet?

im really frustrated - i didnt even want to get origin, but it's the only way to play sims 4!!!

Message 50 of 51 (524 Views)