Re: Origin Mac Client released – AHQ welcomes Mac gamers

by darsonli

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive got the same problem, after installing/reinstalling Origin it launches only once. Then it wont launch and the origin process is stuck and cant be killed!

I need a resolution because i want to play Simcity tomorrow!

Message 31 of 51 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here.

OS X 10.9 (13A558)

Removed Origin and all Library folders for it. Reinstalled. Same issue.

Bounces for 20 seconds or so, sits in the dock. Have to force quit.

Message 32 of 51 (1,198 Views)

Community Manager

Mac OS X 10.9 is currently a Preview version and not yet released, so there might be some incompatibility with Origin that the Origin team will be working on before Maverick is fully released. In the meantime, maybe take a look here, apparently there is a workaround for Mac OS X 10.9: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/ORIGIN-can-nou-run-at-Mac-10-9-Beta/m-p/1441750#U1441750

Message 33 of 51 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm reposting my problem from an earlier thread I created in hopes of a solution (Original Thread)

Hi,

I've been using Origin on my Mac for a while now, however earlier today I had a pop-up asking me to allow permission for a helper tool to be installed

PERMISSION REQUIRED

Origin needs your permission to install a new helper tool in order to continue.  

I click install helper and origin disappears, less than a minute later the pop-up reappears asking the same thing. 

I have tried uninstalling origin, rebooting, installing origin, rebooting, yet the button still appears. I've looked online and seen this question asked by a few users, however there has been no reply from EA other than "we are looking into this", and that was a month ago now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

I am currently running on OS X 10.8.4, Macbook Pro 

I really want to download & play SimCity this afternoon, however I'm not willing to risk it as there hasn't been an acknowledgment from EA regarding this issue yet.
Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you Standard smile

Chris

Message 34 of 51 (1,150 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Doesn't work on Mac OS X 10.9 Developer Preview 6

Message 35 of 51 (1,113 Views)

★★ Novice

@tophertaylor12 wrote:

I'm reposting my problem from an earlier thread I created in hopes of a solution (Original Thread)

Hi,

I've been using Origin on my Mac for a while now, however earlier today I had a pop-up asking me to allow permission for a helper tool to be installed

PERMISSION REQUIRED

Origin needs your permission to install a new helper tool in order to continue.  

I click install helper and origin disappears, less than a minute later the pop-up reappears asking the same thing. 

I have tried uninstalling origin, rebooting, installing origin, rebooting, yet the button still appears. I've looked online and seen this question asked by a few users, however there has been no reply from EA other than "we are looking into this", and that was a month ago now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

I am currently running on OS X 10.8.4, Macbook Pro 

I really want to download & play SimCity this afternoon, however I'm not willing to risk it as there hasn't been an acknowledgment from EA regarding this issue yet.
Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you Standard smile

Chris

Chris, did you manage to get a solution to the above.  I am in the same boat and desperate wanting to download SimCity.  Guess if they are not answering then they will loose my business.  Back to Steam I go.

Collette

Message 36 of 51 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No solution as of yet, had a response from an EA representative, which didn't help.

Quite frustrating really, as it seems like no-one is actually looking into a fix.

Message 37 of 51 (1,027 Views)

Community Manager

If  you are experiencing issues with the Game Helper installation please take a look at post 8 here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/ORIGIN-can-not-run-at-Mac-10-9-Beta/m-p/1456458#M33905

Message 38 of 51 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for replying, however I have tried the steps recommended in post 8, however it still brings up the install helper.

Strange how it works for some people, yet others no such luck.
Message 39 of 51 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

@tophertaylor12 wrote:

No solution as of yet, had a response from an EA representative, which didn't help.

Quite frustrating really, as it seems like no-one is actually looking into a fix.

I have also had a response from EA but they are looking at OSX 10.9 as the above response try that link is for beta 10.9.  I am using OSX 10.8 hence non of the solution they are proposing is coming up.  This is very fustrating and have to agree EA just doesn't seem to want to look into the problem.

Will keep trying but if you do find a solution or I do then please post it here.

Collette

Message 40 of 51 (1,005 Views)