Re: Origin Mac Client released – AHQ welcomes Mac gamers

by kellychan0925

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Ok...I may be a complete idiot but it really shouldn't be this difficult!!!!!

I've bought my daughter just about every expansion pack there is some are CD and some are DL.  We were hoping that with the advent of Origin we could redeem all our codes, which it took, and play the game without the need for the CD's.  She has a MacBook Air and carrying around a CD drive to play is not ideal. We keep getting asked for the Seasons CD even though it not only shows redeemed for the CD version but also for a DL version.

How can we get this straightned out?

Message 21 of 51 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem as several others but I see no reply from EA/Origin on this. 

INstalled Origin before, launched it when I installed (when it first came out) no problems, but no games available yet in Mac I or my son wanted. 

Launched yesterday to install newly purchased (through web) game and when it launched it updated then asked for permissions to install helper app. Then crash. Uninstalled downloaded latest from Origin website... same issue. 

Really frustrated. 

Message 22 of 51 (1,435 Views)

★ Novice

I have a new apple computer the sims 3 are all to long how do I fix it . And wishers I can't delete the old wish for a new one

Message 23 of 51 (1,362 Views)

★★ Novice

bought the sim 3 and downloaded via origin. installation always stucked at file 3/889. please advice... or please refund...

i can't play the game....

Message 24 of 51 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't support 10.5.8 macs. When will there be one for my type of mac? or is there one already?

Message 25 of 51 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if the download computer is a MAC but the Gaming machine is a PC?

It seems I can't even download "PC installer version" to a MAC in order to move it to my "offline gaming PC" !?

:robotfrustrated:

thanks for any help

Message 26 of 51 (1,247 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have the problem TT

Message 27 of 51 (1,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

Word of caution to Mac gamers.... if you're playing on a machine with dual graphics it'll force your card into the Discrete graphics mode while the Origin app is running. I can't seem a way to work around this, I just have to make sure I close the program when I don't need it.

Message 28 of 51 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant get the Origin client to load at all. It just freezes up every time I try and open it and I wind up having to force close it. I have 10.6.8and am running a MacBook pro so my specifications meet the minimum so I have no clue whats wrong. I have redownloaded it multiple times, trashed the Origin file in user/library/applicationsupport and even shut down the computer for a few minutes and booted it back up, so nothing else was running. I get the same results every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 29 of 51 (1,195 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem... origin is not lauching, app is not responding but force quit is not killing the porcess. it's gone in the dock but still active and not responding in activity monitor and listed with ps. noway to kill the remains... so need to restart (due to the ghost process shut down takes ages...) before reinstalling. works once, second launch, same problems all over again.

having a mid 2009 MBP with switchable graphics... heard there might be some problems with that aswell... any issues observed?

Message 30 of 51 (1,184 Views)