Origin Log In Issue?!

by sleiie

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin Log In Issue?!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yesterday, I was playing The Sims 4. I had wanted to view the gallery in the game, and when I tried to, it stated that I needed to re log back into my account in order to view the gallery. I attempted to log back into my account, but when I did, I got a message saying that 'Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later". Sometimes, I would try to log back in and I would get a message saying that 'my credentials have expired or is invalid'. This has never happened to me before. I can't log in through the webpage or my phone, as I get the same message(s). I did not get an email or message stated that my account was banned or suspended either. I've also attempted to write a ticket through origin but it told me to check my internet and then try again later. Below is a list of things I did in order to try and fix this issue:

1. Resetting my password

2. Contacting EA Support (still no reply since yesterday)

3. Attempted the Internet Explorer trick

4. Shutting down my laptop

5. Manually uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. Then restarting my laptop

6. Attempted to fix outdated drivers (not sure if it worked or if it was helpful)

7. Checking the date and time

8. Allow all 3rd Party Cookies (also not allowing any)

9. As a tester, I made another account and everything was perfectly fine with it. Everything was working normal, but my other account still has the same issue.

**Is this a bug or does this have something to do with my account in particular? If you have anymore suggestions on how I can fix this issue, please let me know. I've spent money on The Sims 4 to make sure I get the best and most fun experience yet. I would like for it to remain that way. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Log In Issue?!

Community Manager

Hey @AuddieD the message "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password." can be caused by an outage with the login servers from our side, or else a security issue on the side of the player where from time to time you will be asked to log in again - this can be a result of inactivity.

If you continue to see this error then please clear your browser cache and also your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @sleiie.

Best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

None of these work in the long-term. I contacted support. They fixed it. It broke again and now keeps kicking me out of Origin with my credentials have expired.

I cleared the cache. I completely removed Origin. I put Origin back in.

I have followed every post about this that I can find.

I see posts going back 7 years about this and it just keeps happening. It's really annoying because I have these random generated passwords that are a pain to type in. (It's that or get hacked and even random generated garble is no guarantee any more)

Message 3 of 4 (386 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AuddieD the message "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password." can be caused by an outage with the login servers from our side, or else a security issue on the side of the player where from time to time you will be asked to log in again - this can be a result of inactivity.

If you continue to see this error then please clear your browser cache and also your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (349 Views)