Re: Origin Launcher Opens, Then Disappears.

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Origin Launcher Opens, Then Disappears.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been experiencing this issue for a few days now, so here it is. I have played Sims 3 nonstop for the past few days and closed out of the Origin launcher like I do every night after exiting out of the game. I didn't log out of Origin, I just exited out of the launcher. I then put my computer to sleep and went to sleep myself. I came back the next day to play again, and my launcher did something different this time. It would open up, with a white window, and then disappear. It doesn't show up in my running programs via Task Manager, or work when I try running as administrator. I even powered down my computer, restarted it, nothing worked.  On my laptop I saw that my Origin Launcher needed to update and I realized I had clicked off the option on my desktop (which is where I'm having this issue) to update my launcher and was going to do it later. Is it a possibility that because I didn't update it, it won't launch? If this sounds ridiculous I apologize, but I'm just trying to sort out ideas that could resolve the issue. If anyone has any assistance they could give I'd really appreciate it. It won't even let me log on and I'm just curious as to why all of the sudden, it decides it doesn't want to work. 

Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"It would open up, with a white window, and then disappear. It doesn't show up in my running programs via Task Manager, or work when I try running as administrator. I even powered down my computer, restarted it, nothing worked."   <--- This

I downloaded the Origin Installer again, launched it, Origin updated and launched normally.

Good luck

Message 2 of 4 (445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here. i will open the installer it will show in the taskbar then it will disappear. did you solve your issue now?

Message 3 of 4 (343 Views)

Community Manager

This thread is rather old, so I went ahead and locked it. If you need help with a similar issue please create a new thread at The Sims 3 board: 

- PC Tech Support for The Sims 3

- Mac Tech Support for The Sims 3

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)