Origin Launcher Not Working

by emtgirl13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Launcher Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Last night I bought the sims3 for origin. After purchasing I went and clicked the link to download Origin. After I downloaded and everything was set up I went to log into Origin and install Sims3 To my PC. I clicked Login and got "An Unexpected Error has occured. Please restart Origin and try again."

I have opened all the ports needed. I have restarted origin and my computer multiple times. I have changed my password twice but it just seems like nothing I do is working. I have tried using my origin ID and my email to log in and no matter what I do it does not work. Downloaded it twice, reinstalled uninstalled.

I am going crazy and need some help!!!!

Message 1 of 15 (23,945 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Launcher Not Working

Community Manager (retired)

As you said you downloaded and installed Origin several times, it's unlikely a problem with your installation. (Assuming you did a clean uninstall every time)

This leaves connection issues or your permission settings as the most likely causes. Try running Origin as admin, if you haven’t before.

Also make sure Origin is whitelisted in your firewall settings.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (25,262 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

As you said you downloaded and installed Origin several times, it's unlikely a problem with your installation. (Assuming you did a clean uninstall every time)

This leaves connection issues or your permission settings as the most likely causes. Try running Origin as admin, if you haven’t before.

Also make sure Origin is whitelisted in your firewall settings.

Message 2 of 15 (25,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, the origin doesn"t load grr whats wrong

Message 3 of 15 (23,137 Views)

Community Manager

@Player_o8smwibe wrote:

hi, the origin doesn"t load grr whats wrong

@dmilfgirl Hi,

Are you experiencing any sort of error as well?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 15 (23,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Launcher either won't come up at all. will freeze after appropriate log in information is imput or just upon getting into the auctual laucher just before store and library load, had clean reinstalled several times as well as simple restarts of computer. worked fine yesterday, have logged over a hundred hours between sim city and sims 3 

Message 5 of 15 (23,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie
the same is happening to me except i cant unistall it .It says it is changed or moved. I played Sims 3 an hour before and then when i try to go back to Origin then i tried to unistall it and it didnt work then i tried to manually unistall it and it stilll didnt work . Now awhat do i do? Im nearly in tears
Message 6 of 15 (22,519 Views)

★★ Novice

THIS IS THE ANSWER!: For * sakes Origin. I've done everything known to man and finally figured out the problem on my own. If the issue for you is the download file or the Origin application itself, isn't launching upon opening, here's the issue. The program "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) Version - 11.0.61030 is in someway corrupt. For me, I did not need to uninstall it. All I did (I'm on windows 10) was go to my settings, Apps, and found that program, click it and click modify then repair. Take note I did uninstall origins before doing this, then reinstalling origins upon completion of the repair (takes 0.2 seconds). Hope this helps, man this was a headache to figure out.

Message 7 of 15 (17,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded and installed the launcher like 5 times now and it wont ever load so i can acc load the full version of origin. Ive tried everything checked my firewall, restarted made sure was fully off my computer, and I have space, but it wont load. 

Please Help if you can.

(All of the nerds at school want me to play. I am also a nerd that wants me to play so if you know any way to help let me know. 

Thanks.

Message 8 of 15 (17,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Look at my post and see if it will work. If it does, Up vote it so others can see

Message 9 of 15 (17,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie
salut ba
Message 10 of 15 (16,883 Views)