Origin Keeps Resetting My Password!

by guelymigs

Original Post

Re: I keep getting the 'We reset your password to protect your account' email.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Two weeks now since I've turned off those in-game options like @EA_Ataashi requested and my password hasn't been reset since. I'm going to log in without any of the options turned on and see if that triggers a reset. If that doesnt trigger it I'll start turning options on to see which one causes the issue.

Message 81 of 93 (2,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you log in, that's the same thing as having the auto log in option turned on under Account. Being connected to Dragon Age servers (manually or automatically)  triggers the password reset, sometimes instantly sometimes after extended periods of time.

If you play the game connected to servers during day 1 and your pass did not reset, but on day 2 and on if you continue to play the game disconnected from the server your pass will not reset.

Under a month now I didn't get a reset, but when creating new character and have to log in to import different world state, last time it was instant pass reset.

Message 82 of 93 (2,096 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I'm happy to see that some of you don't experience the password reset problem anymore. I know that our team's made some important updates recently, so I would be grateful if you could enable all the account options in game and check if you'll still be getting the emails with password reset.

Thanks in advance!

/Ataashi

Message 83 of 93 (2,039 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, this is getting annoying. I ticked all the boxes regarding connection and tried again. Played for a few hours on an existing playthrough. No "password has been reset" email, yay! But today I go to log in to Origin and suddenly my password is invalid, which means it was probably reset and I wasn't notified. Now I have to go through the process of saying I forgot my password (I did not forget the password that worked yesterday!) and all of that nonsense. 

This is getting tiresome.

I'm on a Windows PC if that's any help, a gaming machine custom built less than a year ago.

Message 84 of 93 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't played an EA game, launched Origin, or visited these forums in weeks, but just today I received a badge for logging in five days in a row.  Not sketchy at all.  *eyeroll*  Something tells me our accounts were compromised on their end.  Seems like a vulnerability in their DA:I portion of things.

Message 85 of 93 (1,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

After enabling the options again there's been no reset for me yet, seems fixed.

Message 86 of 93 (1,728 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, they really fixed this? I want to play so much... Frown

Message 87 of 93 (1,453 Views)

Re: Origin Keeps Resetting My Password!

★★★ Newbie
@getting tired of this changing my password I need help changing password
Message 88 of 93 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@OandTsmimi please help me or else I want to cancel my account
Message 89 of 93 (1,114 Views)