Origin Keeps Resetting My Password!

by guelymigs

Original Post

Re: Origin Keeps Resetting My Password!

★★★ Newbie

I just got done chatting with EA Help and they had me try something not listed in the 7 pages on this thread:

- Uninstall Origin using "revo uninstaller" (free download)

- Reinstall Origin

- Run as Admin

I also tried unchecking the three options in DA:I and turning off all Origin/cloud/statistics functions within the Origin client. I have reset my password once today already so I guess I'll check back in a week and see if this fixed it. Hope this helps.

Message 71 of 93 (1,945 Views)

★ Novice

Oh wow. There are even more people with the same problem that I have. And yes I've been playing DA:I too.

I just want to finish it without resetting my password all the time. Frown

Message 72 of 93 (1,881 Views)

Re: I keep getting the 'We reset your password to protect your account' email.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Huge thanks to everyone who's sent screenshots of the emails to me as requested! They were very helpful Standard smile

Our experts are still investigating the problem. More updates to come.

/Ataashi

Message 73 of 93 (1,815 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This has to be resolved as soon as possible. It is a serious and annoying problem, today again it has returned to reset my password after playing DAI.

Message 74 of 93 (1,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ea filters are annoying sometimes, didn't let me make a topic with question is this a scam and all other topics with similar topic were locked and could not find a title that it would let me use so i ask it here

is this a scam?

from (EA@e . ea . com) i made space between them cause dump sys doen't let me show this mail

Your EA Account (Mail address) was just used to sign in from PC

Thu Feb 21 17:15:40 GMT 2019
MX
PC

Don't recognize this activity? 
If you suspect this is an unauthorized access, please Reset Your Password.

Why are we sending this? We take security very seriously and we want to keep you in the loop on important actions in your account.

We were unable to determine whether you have used this browser or device with your account before. This can happen when you sign in for the first time on a new computer, phone or browser, when you use your browser's incognito or private browsing mode or clear your cookies, or when somebody else is accessing your account.

just discovered cause i don't use this mail much where it was send

log in verification isn't on so i could have not set a alt mail for notifications and so far mail about this issue i have always gotten to my mail acc that i used to reg here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Origin-Keeps-Resetting-My-Password/td-p/7435689

so its strange that i get it on my other mail and not to my mail i used to reg to ea

new ur saying i answered to my own question i bet (meaning fake mail, scam) lol

or some1 used my other mail to do fake ea acc? unless on registration to ea when i got DAI close to release or year after it asked alt mail acc, i don't remember the reg options

and what that MX means

Message 75 of 93 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

About a week ago I turned off the connection options in game like @EA_Ataashi suggested and so far my password hasn't been reset again. Can't say with certainty that it's not just taking long to reset once again. I'll let you know if it's still working in a week.

Message 76 of 93 (1,570 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happened to me maybe a month ago and I thought yeah okay time to change the password. Today it happened again and after changing it, I looked up here because it got suspicious...

- It happened to me after playing DA:I.

- Those options are not turned on for me because I tried to use the workaround for the Golden Nug problem as well- didn't work for that either.

I love that game but I can't use the main purpose of the online connection (the Dragon Age Keep) and now it is getting me password resetting mails too... Frown

Message 77 of 93 (1,558 Views)

★★ Novice

Just happened to me again today 4pm EST just to add another data point. I have only played dragon age and 10 minutes of Anthem (bleh)

Message 78 of 93 (1,354 Views)

★★ Novice
Have tried to open a case, unable to do so. Spent an hour online chat about this, no resolution. Am damned tired of your resetting my password every few days, for no reason. This has been going on for months. What is your problem. Please reply so I have some idea as to how to get this fixed.
Message 79 of 93 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After a week without getting the email it happened again today, twice. I played like half an hour of DAI and my password got reseted at 05:01 PM CSLT and then at 08:04 PM.

Also, I tried unchecking the three options @EA_Ataashi  mentioned before, it didn't work. Frown

Message 80 of 93 (1,322 Views)