Re: Origin Is Terrible.

by magiclesquibbles

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Couldn't agree more!

Origin is like a Virus, EA cannot cope with this nonsense and personally I have used it for ME:3 which is give me a lot of problems because of Origin serves and this is the first and last game I buy and play on Origin, if I menage to finish the game I will then disinstall origin and forget about this horrible platform.

Message 11 of 24 (1,227 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Trustdesa @drvukelich @dollybones @DanteYoda @Tribune2011

If you are running into issues with Origin I do understand any frustration that you might have--we're all gamers here and during my free time I would like nothing more than to get down to the actual gaming instead of running into issues with an account etc. For me this holds true no matter which platform I play on.

I would also like to mention that you are more than free to vent your frustrations here. However, if you are experiencing actual issues with our games or platform, then please do reach out to a Game Advisor or anyone here on the forum and we will do our best to help you get back into the game. Having said that, for any new questions, I do suggest to make a new topic in the forum relevant to your game so users on AHQ will have an easier time getting to your issue.

Thanks everyone, for leaving your feedback here.

Message 12 of 24 (1,218 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom,

The issue here is with your company mentality and dirty way of doing business unfortunately, your politc of DRM is so embarassing that us paying for games are much more penalised that any mr smith just downloading (for example) ME:3 with a nice crack and play everything without issue, I paid 20 quid and had to waste a lot of time trying to sort things out like PC Gaming in he 90s!

I am sorry but STEAM does not involve any of this, you pay you play...................

Maybe your bosses should learn!

Message 13 of 24 (1,208 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Trustdesa

I cannot promise you that you will never run into an issue with our platform or games. However, if you do run into problems we have a dedicated support team to help you get back into the game--it doesn't matter if you have that problem with our games on Steam or on Origin.

This is the information I'm able to offer you for now. I do hope that you will reach out to us if you're stuck with something.

Message 14 of 24 (1,205 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I completely agree! As a casual gamer who only wants to play 1 EA game (The Sims), its such a hassle to deal with the constant origin updates, login, etc. I just want to play my game!! Not have to go through all the login screen nonsense. 
I've completely stopped playing EA games because of it. 

Message 15 of 24 (1,166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"Well, ya know...that's kinda like, you're opinion man." - The Dude

Message 16 of 24 (1,155 Views)

EA DICE Team

@tommyboy907

Well played..

jeff-bridges-800.jpg

Message 17 of 24 (1,147 Views)

★ Novice

Is that really true though? Because Bethesda is a competing publisher and developer to Valve and is growing fast despite selling everything through Steam and using many of Steam's features. Bethesda knows that they can make just as much money without making their own garbage client and whereas EA is known as the villains of the gaming industry Bethesda is becoming larger by the year. They know that PC gamers want a streamlined experience and have PC gaming in mind in whatever they do. It also doesn't help that I have points where I can't cancel updates when I want to update a specific game so I can play it and the Origin servers are down all the damn time. Origin has no use, it doesn't need to exist and EA doesn't need it to sell its games on PC.

Message 18 of 24 (1,114 Views)

@Campython Sorry, but not entirely true. Bethesda launched their own client. Quake Champions will run through that, along with Fallout Shelter (though Fallout Shelter is available on Steam, Windows Store,googleplay and itunes). Even worse, the client is similar with uplay when it comes to Steam (meaning that you will have to deal with two clients plus whatever DRM was added).

While i agree that the whole client non-sense should stop (we have so far Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, Bethesda.net, Rockstar Social Club and GOG, with Warner working on their own client), doesn't mean that i think that EA is the greatest villain.

Bethesda has its own sins: TES III-V were patched every goddamn time by the modding community. Same goes for Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4. Bethesda tried to make money from the modders work, with Beth getting the lion share, Valve coming second and giving the modder a pittance, provided that the mod sells a certain number of copies. If not, Bethesda and Valve would take all the cash. Due to the people's outrage, they've dropped the idea, but they've declared that they are still looking into ways to monetize the mods. I can go on, but i hope that you get the point. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 19 of 24 (1,104 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't really have a problem with multiple launchers, it's just the fact that origin is so buggy, slow, and bad overall. 4 times it wants me to download a game I'd already played literally a COUPLE OF HOURS EARLIER. 

Message 20 of 24 (1,036 Views)