Re: Origin Interface Resolution Problem

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Interface Resolution Problem

★★★★ Novice

Hello everybody

I just got this new alienware laptop with a 15.6 in 4K UHD IPS-Panel TrueLife (3840 x 2160) screen.  I installed origin and the interface is really small.  I literally have to look so close at my screen to even read the text and find out how long its going to take to finish installing a game.  

Is there a fix for this?  Is EA or somebody in the Origin development team going to fix this issue?  I mean Steam is able to adjust perfectly fine to my screen.  

Message 1 of 13 (18,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@hchief996 @beano8u 

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the latest Origin Beta Client did attempt to fix how we handle scaling in Origin. You can opt-in to the Beta by doing the following: 

• Launch and sign in to the Origin client.
  • Select Application Settings from the Origin menu
  • In the General tab, scroll to the bottom and find the Origin Beta Participation section.
  • Select the Update to the beta version if available check box.
  • Now restart your Origin Client, it will prompt you to install the latest Origin Beta Client.

I am tentatively marking this thread as resolved for visibility. Your feedback would be appreciated, thanks everyone for checking in advance.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (20,586 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Gday hchief996,

I dont think there is a fix yet but you may have to lower the res of your screen so you can use origin, then change it back after the game has loaded :P

I have heard they know about the issue, maybe working on fixing it? Standard smile

Message 2 of 13 (18,782 Views)

Community Manager

@hchief996 Hi,

I just wanted to confirm that the developers are aware of this issue with 4K displays. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this in the future.

Unfortunately I don't have any news to share at this stage, stay tuned.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 13 (18,772 Views)

Community Manager

@hchief996 @beano8u 

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the latest Origin Beta Client did attempt to fix how we handle scaling in Origin. You can opt-in to the Beta by doing the following: 

• Launch and sign in to the Origin client.
  • Select Application Settings from the Origin menu
  • In the General tab, scroll to the bottom and find the Origin Beta Participation section.
  • Select the Update to the beta version if available check box.
  • Now restart your Origin Client, it will prompt you to install the latest Origin Beta Client.

I am tentatively marking this thread as resolved for visibility. Your feedback would be appreciated, thanks everyone for checking in advance.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 13 (20,587 Views)

★ Novice

Now. My situation is nearly the same. However, as well as being small. Some of the application will have boxes (that I know should have text in them) but show me nothing. I'm not sure where to blindly click on the things you've mentioned.

Message 5 of 13 (18,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue and that is on a 1920x1080 display, NOT a 4k Hi-Rez display.

Nothing shows in the settings as far as text.  Just a few of the On/Off sliders.  And also, it will not scroll down, so I can't

even try to select the Beta Version as mentioned in the above posts.

Just what is going on with this?  It used to be an ok program, but at this point in this program's age, you would think this would not be a bug

a person would have to worry about.

Message 6 of 13 (18,141 Views)

★ Apprentice

Year 2018 and EA still haven't fixed this? I'm having same issue on 4K tv. What's EA waiting for? a miracle to happen.

Message 7 of 13 (16,454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Why is it so difficult for Origin to fix this if most other products, including Steam, can.  PLEASE get it fixed!

Message 8 of 13 (16,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue also with my Dell XPS13. It's pretty infuriating.

Message 9 of 13 (14,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this STILL an issue?

Message 10 of 13 (13,336 Views)