Re: Origin Installer White Screen?

by ThatShinyKitty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Installer White Screen?

★★★★ Novice

At  first, the update wouldn't work. It kept "updating" then not letting me log in, saying "You need to be Online to log in for the first time." This is my primary computer for Origin, so I thought it was just a bug.
Uninstalled, and then I tried to reinstall. Reinstalling...Hasn't went so well. I've tried all the troubleshooting and they said they'll escalate the case, but I don't want to wait months, I want to play my games! I was planning on buying SC4 but I guess that won't happen for a while...
And they had me Uninstall Sims 4 and "reinstall it" because I can totally install Sims 4 without a disk or a downloader. :/
Now all I've been getting is a white box...Probably the size of the installer. And if I roll my mouse over it, my mouse will show that little bar that indicates an area to type in certain spots. 

Anyone know of a fix or have the same issue?

64 bit Acer
Windows 7

Message 1 of 6 (9,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David @msleerhoff I forgot to close this, but I found out from starting it up in safe mode it means your computer doesn't have the minimum requirements to run the update (Restart your computer and Spam F8 while it boots up, if it brings up a safe mode/safe mode with networking screen, choose the one with networking.) Getting a new one this weekend to fix it, using my moms as a temporary fix. No amount of uninstalls will fix this. Update really shouldn't be mandatory as not everyone's computer can handle it, but can handle the games they have. Sorry. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (9,919 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@mixceny Hey, if you fully uninstall the game using the steps here you can then try again. 

https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Thanks, hopefully that helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (9,499 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue. I tried to get on so I could play Sims 4 and it updated itself then asked me to log in. I tried but for some reason it was offline when my computer was online and wouldn't let me log in. I uninstalled everything from origin except my game and when I tried to reinstall it just gives me a white screen
Message 3 of 6 (9,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David @msleerhoff I forgot to close this, but I found out from starting it up in safe mode it means your computer doesn't have the minimum requirements to run the update (Restart your computer and Spam F8 while it boots up, if it brings up a safe mode/safe mode with networking screen, choose the one with networking.) Getting a new one this weekend to fix it, using my moms as a temporary fix. No amount of uninstalls will fix this. Update really shouldn't be mandatory as not everyone's computer can handle it, but can handle the games they have. Sorry. 

Message 4 of 6 (9,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 5 of 6 (8,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This keeps happening to me too and I don't know how to fix it. I tried putting my computer in safe mode and the same thing keeps happening. I don't have much time so I can't go to a computer store to fix it and I don't really have and skills with computers so I can't fix it myself. This is really starting to frustrate me and I just want to play my games. Any advice?

Message 6 of 6 (4,404 Views)