Re: Origin In-Game Overlay Not Working At All (Titanfall 2)

by UltraSultra

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @yahel_1

Huh! Thanks very much for the links, I wasn't aware of the Windows Update Troubleshooter - even if it doesn't end up fixing the issue that could come in handy in the future!

I'm actually already running on a fresh install of Windows installed a couple days ago so hopefully there's not some sort of issue going on already there but I'll definitely investigate your suggestions! I am very confident that my PC's time and date is set correctly at least. :P

@BN-NecessiterWhatever the case, you're not alone in having it not work for you for some weird reason dude! D:

Message 21 of 40 (2,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We're welcomeStandard smile @UltraSultra

I'm from Romania.Please do not forget to tell me if your issue has been solved and how.Thanks mate !Thumbs up

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 22 of 40 (2,563 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@yahel_1

I certainly will. I'll post on the BN-Nitwitts and here. Thanks for the reply.

I'm really puzzled by this. Not a stranger to pc. Ruled out DX12 issue and a 100 other possible problems.

Origin's silence on the problem is possibly a big clue. Sometimes 'silence' in itself means they have something to hide.

None of the , I believe you call them 'DEVS'? have taken to answering any of the posts to supply answers.

Still saying it's to do with something Origin has done. It was fine before then suddenly it didn't work.

No game updates had been downloaded.

No MS updates had been downloaded.

No new programs had been added.

Don't forget my friend as well is effected. That's the main point. Otherwise would have thought it was me somehow.

But 2 of us at the same time?

Nothing had changed on my pc or my friends.

Once again, thanks. If I owned Origin you would have a job offer. Standard smile

Message 23 of 40 (2,552 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @BN-Necessiter

Let's see what update @UltraSultra gives us, because I understand it makes a clean installation of windows.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 24 of 40 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I don't know if you still have a problem with origin overlay. You mentioned COMODO antivirus. I had same problem. Somehow, on different pc I deleted comodo, and origin in game began to work. It's not a solution, but my guess, something in comodo blocks or corrupt OIG. And simple things, like turn of antivirus just wan't work either.((( 

Message 25 of 40 (2,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

maybe if you turn off the AVS and restart the game. its what worked for me

Message 26 of 40 (2,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

After months and months of leaving this problem to rest I finally tried to play Titanfall 2 again on a very fresh installation of Windows today and I found Avast Antivirus' Behaviour Shield was the problem for me. No idea why that fix has worked when I swear disabling Avast altogether didn't on my previous install of Windows, but I'll take my victories where I can get them.

As suggested here, creating an exception in the behaviour shield for both your Origin Games folder and Origin's folder fixed the problem for me. I also added "<Setting key="EnableIgo" type="1" value="true"/>" to my AppData/Roaming/Origin/local_(xxx).xml file just to be safe.

Thank you all so much for your assistance, and I'm sorry to those who've tried this before and had no luck that I can't provide any new insight.

So, this wasn't EA's fault in the end BUT c'mon EA, if other Overlays can pierce through the Behaviour Shield (even uPlay's!) why can't Origin's!? d:

Message 27 of 40 (22,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having a similar issue with the Origin In-Game Overlay not working when trying to use it in Star Wars Battlefront (2015).

I am also running Windows 10 Pro and have managed to narrow it down to Comodo Firewall (ver 11), which for some reason is blocking it no matter what.

The reason I know that Comodo Firewall is the problem is because when completely uninstalling it the problem is resolved.

I have tried adding every possible exclusion rule to both HIPS and Firewall settings in Comodo (for both Origin and its components, and SW Battlefront), and even temporarily disabling Comodo Firewall and HIPS altogether, but nothing has worked except for a complete uninstall.

I am currently in contact with Comodo's technical support about this issue with hopes of resolving it so that I can keep Comodo Firewall, whilst also enjoying the Origin in game overlay feature.

I will update here if/when a solution is presented by Comodo's support.

UPDATE (SOLUTION):

After Comodo support got back to me, the solution was an obscure setting in Comodo Firewall that needed to be configured.

You need to add the game folder under Advanced Protection > Miscellaneous > Don't detect shellcode injections in these applications.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/NcEtBMZ

I added just in case:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\Core\*

After doing that the Origin in-game overlay now works perfectly again. Hope this helps someone.

Message 28 of 40 (2,178 Views)

★ Apprentice

I absolutely hate to re-open this thread but theres one thing we have

in common that makes me worry about what is actually

causing the problem, it might be avast but I believe

that Comodo Firewall is also having a play with Origin In Game not working.

I did everything you said but it didnt work, then after uninstalling Comodo Firewall, Origin In Game worked.

Message 29 of 40 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@HyperDetect wrote:

I absolutely hate to re-open this thread but theres one thing we have

in common that makes me worry about what is actually

causing the problem, it might be avast but I believe

that Comodo Firewall is also having a play with Origin In Game not working.

I did everything you said but it didnt work, then after uninstalling Comodo Firewall, Origin In Game worked.

I literally gave the solution for Comodo Firewall users one thread above yours. You don't have to uninstall it.
Message 30 of 40 (1,924 Views)