by 0ops_wrong_hole

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin ID system/IT issue

★ Novice

Dear All,

Please be so kind and help me solve the issue below:

I wanted to change my Origin ID to: FuzzyLogic

Now it seems that the word "Fuzzy" is in Origins "blacklist" and I cannot use it. I always get the error: ID contains a prohibited word or a character

I've contacted CC but they are useless! They came up with a lie that the username is already taken and blah blah blah even tho it is clear that the word Fuzzy is being blocked by the system even tho it is completely appropriate to use! Tried using Fuzzyteg2geg2323t2t etc, etc but always had the same error message.

Anyways, I am sure there's a way to log a trouble ticket or contact someone from EA who would be able to help on this case. Perhaps there are other ways? 

I'd love to see any comments, suggestions etcetera. 

Thank you in advance!Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin ID system/IT issue

Hero (Retired)

Sorry to say this but if Fuzzy is on the black list it cant be used and would not be added back.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Sorry to say this but if Fuzzy is on the black list it cant be used and would not be added back.

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much. Atleast you did not lied to me like customer support.

May I ask why is that?

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well i would not say they lied to you as it is not a area they would fully know or understand due to they don't work on or  with a prohibited word or a character blocks lists  they  help fix game issues

:womanhappy: I would put money on they are not a gamer or if they are never tried to make a name with a prohibited word or a character :womanlol: I bet if you tried to make a name like ClearLogic , BadLogic or BlindLogic it would work if it was not already used but Fuzzy I am thinking they blocked it due to the way it could be turned into something semi bad. 

I don't work for EA just a gamer who helps people fix game issues but in years past I had the same issue with a name change :womantongue: So this is how I knew, I cant recall the name but I was like what ??? I just gave up and made up a new name. 

BTW Thank you much for the solution and xp on my post as it will help someone else down the road who runs into the same problem.

Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)