Re: Origin - Hours Of Gameplay Wrong! BETA UPDATE!

by amalie091091

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin - Hours Of Gameplay Wrong! BETA UPDATE!

★ Apprentice

I updated my Mac to the newest Origin version (BETA Version 10.0.1.18416 - 477168)

Then my hours of played and last time I played the game hasn't changed. (Check file)

It turns out it reset to when I played on a PC, and didn't register that I have played it on a Mac. Before I updated I had over 100 hours of gameplay.

- Amalie

Message 1 of 7 (3,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@amalie091091

It might be a beta related issue that there is a difference in the hours played. If you want, you can revert back to the non-beta by clearing your Origin cache.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (3,497 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@amalie091091

Hi,

I cannot seen an attached file in your post. You can attach files using the following button:

asdasd.PNG

You mentioned that your hours and last time played hasn't changed. But you also mention that it reset to when you were still playing on PC?

It is likely that the Origin calculates your play time differently for your Mac and PC version. I am afraid that we won't be able to change this. But can you please clarify if I didn't fully answer your question?

Message 2 of 7 (3,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks, but why did the last Origin (Before the update) count the played hours?

Message 3 of 7 (3,172 Views)

EA DICE Team

@amalie091091

It might be a beta related issue that there is a difference in the hours played. If you want, you can revert back to the non-beta by clearing your Origin cache.

Message 4 of 7 (3,498 Views)

★ Novice

Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss community manager, 

I am also having a similar problem I wanted to play the free trial of Sims4 before purchase as this was not available on mac so i used my windows machine to download and play the trial.  Subsequently I enjoyed the game purchased it and downloaded it on my MacBook however my hours played and when last i played hasn't changed since i played the trial on my Windows. I tried clearing the origin cache on my mac but no luck. Any suggestions, advice or should i just live with it???

Message 5 of 7 (2,971 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Jade!

After I asked EA about this question several months ago, without any respons or solution on the problem. I guess we just have to live with it. Hopefully they will figure it out later, but I don`t think EA has seen on this as a problem since they`re not that many people who have this problem (My opinion after looking into this case).

- Amalie

Please note, I do not work for EA, I will try to help you as best as I can.

I can not be held responsible for any damage to your computer or game.

Message 6 of 7 (2,961 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, 

Thank you so much for your response. 

Message 7 of 7 (2,927 Views)