Re: Origin - Great but costly. very disappointed.

by PPNSteve

Original Post

Origin - Great but costly. very disappointed.

★ Apprentice

I actually like the new look of Origin. It's quite refreshing. However, after many many frustrating hours sitting trying to update it last night i was relieved to find i figured it out and was able to log in. However, my games went missing in the process and now they back they need updating. No, not your regular updates. 15 gig worth!!!!!!! It's ridiculous. I am so upset. I only get 8 gig and month and so it is going to cost me money to be able to play my game again. Not on! I have paid for the game and it was Origins update. I shouldn't have to pay to download an update! I have asked if they can update my games from their end but was advised that the advisors can't do this. 

So i am hoping by writing on here that someone will help me out. 

Feeling extremely disappointed. Especially when i suffer severe anxiety and playing my game is the only way out. Now i can't. Frown

Message 1 of 6 (438 Views)

★★★ Expert

I can certainly understand your frustration. I have metered internet service as well. Before you update all of those games Run Origin as Administrator, Log in using your email address, not your user name and, right click on them one by one and choose REPAIR, sometimes that will get them sorted with just verifying the game files.

If you do have to update several of them and, it will use more than your allotted bandwidth see if your provider offers a free zone or, what it would cost to purchase more data for this month. If you have a laptop, it would also be possible for you to take the computer to a hot spot or a friend's house and update there.

Message 2 of 6 (420 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

make sure the origin update didn't change your game install location..

if it did it could cause you to re-download your games.

Message 3 of 6 (413 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Pocketsworld

Sorry to hear, all this games update stuff gives you a headache. Hope some of the advises above were useful. Just let us know, how are you doing and if there is anything else we can do for you here.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ho archie. Thank you. I basically am stuck and cant play until i update the game but as i said thats going to cost me money as i dont have the right amount of data sufficient to do so . It would be great if you could update them from your end but i dont think thats possible
Message 5 of 6 (369 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ok so i have gone to a friends place to use her internet and it is taking hours to just get to 30%. This is ridiculous. So not only do i have ti update the games that i have already purchased but i have to go through this update taking up my friends time and my time. Im not happy
Message 6 of 6 (348 Views)