Re: Origin Games missing/account possibly hacked?

by acheron122

Original Post

Origin Games missing/account possibly hacked?

★★★ Newbie

It's been quite some time since i last logged into origin(mostly because i had forgotten that it existed), and to my great surprise and much disappointment when i tried to play both dragon age 2, and dragon age inquisition, the only games i own on origin, i was greeted with a page telling me i had to activate them. Nothing in the purchase history. I still have a save from dragon age inquisition, and a couple of log files from dragon age 2, so i know i definitely ran them at some point if you need those for proof that i was able to play them at some point, but this is really frustrating that this happened.

Also when i went to the "my cases" page, a case had already been closed that i never opened. someone claiming to be "alex"(which by the way isn't even my name) told the customer support person that they didn't know the email address linked to the origin account, but wanted to change the security questions. i don't know who alex is, and i'm not sure why he had access to my account in the first place, but i'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible. both games are still installed, so any log files/saves/whatever you need to prove that i own them i will be more than happy to provide.

Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)

Community Manager

@acheron122

The only support case I see on your account is your recent one, case #28710341.

Please see the following link for information on maintaining account security and for steps to take if your account has been compromised:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i know that i only opened one support case, the problem is that there are two regardless of that. if you can explain this to me i'd be happy do what i can to help figure out what's going on.

as you can see there are in fact two support cases there. the closed case #22763845 was NOT opened by me, and i had no idea that it was ever there at all. You suggesting to update my security stuff was an absolute waste of both of our time. Of course that was the first thing i did when i noticed the support case that i never opened was there. If you would like to do something to help with the situation instead of [Comment removed. I did not do either of these things. - Admin.] i would greatly appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)