Re: Origin/EA ID is different than my PSN ID and now it wont connect to Origin

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin/EA ID is different than my PSN ID and now it wont connect to Origin

★ Novice

In 2012 i set up an Origin account and used the ID: DaveThorSidious even though at the time my PSN ID was already

DaveSidious. 

But now that i got my PS4 recently and got Dragon Age Inquisition i would like to use DragonAgeKeep to edit my story and upload it in the game. But the problem is, i can not upload the proper ID and the game wont let me upload my Import file.

What i would like is that somebody at Origin can change the DaveThorSidious ID Into DaveSidious. My emailadress

used is [edit: email address removed] and i do not want to change that, as i got more than 1500 Trophys under that name and dont want to lose them.

Can somebody from Origin please let me know if they can simply change my UsedID into the one i want or that i will just play the game without seeing the choices i made in the previous games and their DLC.

By the way, as i am using an older Desktop, i am not able to go into a chat for an agent, so i'd appreciate if i can get an answer here, or through my email: [edit: email address removed]

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (7,819 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@davethorsidious Hi,

If your PSN Online ID or Gamertag already appears to be linked to the wrong EA account, please follow the steps pasted below, as outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

As you mentioned that you might encounter issues with the page on your older desktop, you can instead visit this linked page here and look up our available phone numbers to call directly: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Note: Regarding your email address, this was done automatically via a filter to protect your mail address from suddenly receiving spam.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (7,944 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

So somebody can edit my post and remove my email but not help me out??

Great support!!!!!

Can somebody then maybe just delete my origin account so that i can create a new one??

Message 2 of 6 (7,797 Views)

★ Novice

UP!!

Somebody please answer my question. 

Message 3 of 6 (7,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@davethorsidious Hi,

If your PSN Online ID or Gamertag already appears to be linked to the wrong EA account, please follow the steps pasted below, as outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

As you mentioned that you might encounter issues with the page on your older desktop, you can instead visit this linked page here and look up our available phone numbers to call directly: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Note: Regarding your email address, this was done automatically via a filter to protect your mail address from suddenly receiving spam.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 6 (7,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well my origin and psn account are linked correctly. The name on my psn account is incorrect and none of my data from my account is on it.

How can I fix that?

Message 5 of 6 (6,674 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BtchPuddin117 I've locked this thread as it is quite old at this stage.

If you are having issues with your account being linked to the wrong Gamertag then the best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (6,639 Views)