Re: (Origin) Download Progress Issues

by Klynnvon15

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(Origin) Download Progress Issues

★ Novice

There are already topics similar to this which, disgustingly enough go back a few years, but since there seems to be basically ZERO resolution to them I'm making a new topic again. Losing download progress REPEATEDLY is a bunch of garbage. The answers given (when any are) by staff are also garbage. They range from the usual idiot (reset/reinstall/is the power on) nonsense to making changes to internet ports and firewalls. All of it is useless. We PC users have a staggeringly wide array of hardware and software variations, but surprisingly enough we somehow all run in to the same issues with Origin? I can download from Steam or any other game service with ZERO issues, as can 99% of the people with the issue I"m having at the moment. It's not US, it's YOU.

I ran in to this issue for the first time a couple days ago downloading Fallen Order. I was anxious to get playing so when I was past that 47% playable point, in I went. Played for a bit, got to Bogano and called it quits.Next day I went to work and when I came back, somehow the download had dropped below the % it was when I left. I thought it was odd, but wtv, I let it continue. Again same issue. So that's when I went looking for an answer. The results were depressing, to say the least. I've found ZERO in the way of actual, solid answer and solution. So I've been letting the download continue, and lose progress, etc... It's advanced a bit more each time before dropping off. Only at one point I noticed something really ridiculous. Apart from the nonsense of losing progress (which I confirmed actually DELETES data from the download folder) it would appear that Origin doesn't even know how large the actual game I'm downloading is. The first 2 attached photos are what I mean. One of them says the game is 48.78GB, while the other says 50.13GB....

Oh and of course my 3rd attachment shows the other bit of absolute nonsense. THAT is the screen I get when attempting to load my save from Bogano.....just taking a moment to read and understand that simple little message is enough to completely boggle the mind. The save fails to load because the content hasn't completed installation. But if the save exists then that would mean the content damn well EXISTED in the first place because the save is THERE. That'd be like getting on a flight and mid-way through being told "Sorry sir, you can't board this flight because the plane hasn't completed construction yet". Absolute and total lunacy all around...

So now here we are, and here I am with a topic, and for the love fo all decency I'd very much like to get an answer. Not the routine nonsense answer. Don't tell me to check my firewalls or access ports, don't try to tell me my 2500$ worth of hardware isn't able to handle the awesome might of your platform. Don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall and verify and all that other garbage. Give me an actual SOLUTION that works. Seriously it's 2019, and it's time for EA to actually DO something about this problem that they've been routinely and repeatedly ignoring and dismissing and trying to shift blame for on to the people who PAY THEIR BILLS.

Message 1 of 3 (645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Waeddryn and @Klynnvon15 if you are seeing issues with slow downloads then this generally points to a system issue.

I tested Jedi Fallen Order and my download speeds were hitting 40MBS. As such we would need to troubleshoot a little with you in order to narrow down the cause of the issue that you are both seeing.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

I know you touch on it in your post but you do need to have the ports for Origin open or else you can have issues.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (600 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Novice

I literally thought I was the only one having downloading problems, this has me irritated, all the money ive spent buying these games and its unable to download or I keep getting some kind of error as soon as the download is almost finished

Message 2 of 3 (629 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Waeddryn and @Klynnvon15 if you are seeing issues with slow downloads then this generally points to a system issue.

I tested Jedi Fallen Order and my download speeds were hitting 40MBS. As such we would need to troubleshoot a little with you in order to narrow down the cause of the issue that you are both seeing.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

I know you touch on it in your post but you do need to have the ports for Origin open or else you can have issues.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (601 Views)